Ladies and Gentlemen: The Beatles Still Own the Music World

Beatles sell 2.25 million albums in 5 days

LOS ANGELES – Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records for album sales.

EMI Group PLC says consumers in North America, Japan and the U.K. bought more than 2.25 million copies of the Fab Four’s re-mastered albums in the first five days after their Sept. 9 release

Most of the records were broken for most simultaneous titles in the top-selling charts by a single artist.

On Billboard magazine’s pop catalog chart, for example, the band had 16 titles in the top 50, including all 14 re-mastered CDs and two box sets.

The Beatles’ original U.K. studio albums were re-mastered at Abbey Road Studios in London over four years and released to coincide with the sale of “The Beatles: Rock Band” on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii.

Link

Sold out here, can’t find a $200+ box set anywhere…

Quality never goes out of style, must be why all of their movies have been playing in rotation.

…and Yoko Ono has a New CD coming out next month; the first after 8 years.I wonder if people actually buy for her singing ability or just simply because of John’s memory?..I still wonder why John picked her, given he had the power and ability to have any woman in the world…Oh well, she may not have looks but at least she’s not missing a leg like waz her name!

Then why , mate , they don’t by the millions of Mozart or Bethoven, or my favorite Wagner?
The Beatles is a special case i think, forever special.I like it every time i heard, although it was a music of my parents.
You lucky , probably seen it on real-time TV?

My good friend Chevan,it is good to hear from you. Had Rachmaninoff, Liszt, Chopin, Mozart, and Beethoven the benefits of Ed Sullivan, television in general, not to mention YouTube, they would have been as popular as the Beatles, the Stones, and the greats of my time. The Beatles did make good use of orchestral backing tracks in their work, which broadened their appeal. The Beatles did play a show in my home town, some friends went to see them.I do like some of their later work better than the early years. But, so those of tender years may know the beauty of the masters, here is a clip of the music of Rachmaninoff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ytY57u8_4

Ladies and gentlemen, if you want Great music. Great German Music- then there is nothing better than Heintje!! NOTHING!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0yqKrGKukE

What about a few of the Irish bands? U2, Thin Lizzy, The Cranberries, Ash, The Corrs, The Dubliners, The Cheiftans, The Wolfe Tones, Rory Gallagher, Van Morrison, I could go on…:slight_smile:

The german version of Robertino Loreti?:slight_smile:

The albums sound great BTW, and they did a nice job remastering everything…:wink: :mrgreen:

Gee Nick, I some how pictured you more of a David Lee Roth Army Fan??..Hmmmm…I wonder why…:wink:

I’m shocked herman! You don’t like Rammstein?:shock:

ramm:lol:

I can like Van Halen, AND the Beatles my friend…