Ladies and Gentlemen: Why Heintje is still Famous

www.nme.com/artists/heintje

It was alleged that 20 per cent of Germany’s total record sales in the late 60s was by this young boy who was discovered by Ariola’s West German studio manager Adolf Klyngeld in 1967 and groomed for that territory’s market. He was 11 when he recorded his first hit - a translated revival of ’ sentimental “Mama” which was a number 1 in Germany while the follow-up, also a number 1, “Du Sollst Nicht Weinen” - new lyrics to a Mexican song, “La Golondrina” - was in second place and was destined to hold the record as Switzerland’s biggest selling disc for many years. Its b-side, "Ich Bau Dir Ein Schloss’, topped the Dutch hit parade. Issued in time for 1968"s Christmas market, both the double a-side, “Ich Sing Ein Lied Fur Dich’/'Heidschi Bumbeidschi” (based on a German folk ditty), and the seasonal sold an immediate million copies apiece and became his fourth consecutive chart topper. Though the rather schmaltzy nature of his output did not appeal to many teenagers, middle-aged and elderly consumers ensured that Heintje swamped north and central European charts until his voice broke and he proved unable to sustain the huge success he had enjoyed as a child.

www.heinsimons.com/english/biography.html

The album “Heintje” reached first place in the election of “Most successful debut-album ever”, by RTL-Music.de and Media-Control !! No other artist ever did better than our Hein !!!

He’s even a Hit In Australia!!!:mrgreen:

books.google.ca/books?id=kikEAAAAMBAJ

His single “I’m Your Little Boy” has already won him gold disks in Australia (500000 sales) …

In Germany we take comfort in the fact that he’s actually Dutch.

As long as you agree that Heintje is the next best thing since Sliced Bread, it doesn’t matter where he was born. I think if the Dutch never refused his performing license he probably would not have gone to Germany for his first TV appearance which made him so Great. It was only after Germany allowed him to be on TV, that the Dutch later agreed to let him be on TV. I have no idea why the Dutch refused to grant him a performing license at first. I mean, can’t anybody get a license nowadays? I guess the rules were a lot stricter back then. Oh well, it’s no cincidence that the Beatles and Heintje became famous at the same time in the 1960’s. Good artists alike formed in the 60’s, thats for sure. :slight_smile:
P.S. I gotta admit that Flame thing you got happening with your title is surely impressive!

LOL never heard of him.

Mama,
Du wirst doch nicht um deinen Jungen weinen.
Mama,
Bald wird das wieder uns vereinen
Ich werd es nie vergessen,
was ich an dir hab besessen,
das es auf Erden nur eine gibt
Die mich so heiß hat geliebt.
Mama,
und bringt das Schicksal uns nur Kummer und Schmerz
dann denk ich oft daranes weint für mich immer Mama dein Herz

…now tell me that don’t bring a tear to your eye…see more on you tube…once you go Heintje, you never go Back!!

:lol:

I don’t know where to put it. So let is be here.

As the sailor is a Yank, it’s clearly not a Long Lance. :smiley:

…but with protective sheet removed. :lol:

As long as the warhead functions when needed,

Well, since we all are in good mood here is a test for you:

Have you noticed the girl in the background?
Noticed her ass?

Well look at the picture carefully!
If your answer is YES then go and see an OPTOMETRIST!!!

What you see is the shoulder of the girl taking the picture!!!

WOW! This is great. i think i’d have to go see an Optometrist. lol

Which wasn’t guaranteed with early WWII American torpedoes.

From which I infer that the bath scene must be later in the war. :smiley:

Or, if earlier, with a lady impressed just by the weapon. Or the sailor’s description of how it worked (or should have worked). :mrgreen:

Look, Stop corrupting My Heintje thread with unrelated mumbo jumbo…Do you even realize how difficult it is to even find and buy a Heintje record? there not even sold at the German stores where I frequent. There is a guy all the way downtown who might sell them but he;s open 10-3…what type of hours is that!..What is the world coming to, when a man can’t even buy a Heintje record!..If Hitler won the war, TRUST ME, there would be Heinje playing in every mall, every school, even on the bus’s…That would be utopia!:army:

When I moved back in February, I loaded up my PT Cruiser with hundreds of records and took them to the local thrift. Out of the 1,000 records or so, I saved a couple of hundred for listening. Sorry, but my two Heintje albums were put up for sale–25 cents each! I hope someone enjoyed them.

Well, whoever bought them is one lucky fellow~…I can’t believe U let them go for so cheap though!..oh well…:shock:

Most people don’t want vinyl, long-play records. In fact, many under thirty, even forty, don’t know what you’re talking about if you say ‘turntable.’ People more knowledgeable than I, however, claim that, assuming the record isn’t scratched (too many of them are), it sounds better than a CD.

In any event, Heintje or not, if I haven’t played something in years, it’s about time to give someone else a chance. Twenty-five cents is the going rate, unless it’s completely out of the ordinary. I have paid as much as ten dollars for a particular record, years ago, when I was foolish enough to let the dealer know I was interested in the long-dead artist.

Gary D.

Their is something very classic about vinyl. Obviously CD has a better quality, but when in the right mood, vinyl just has a warmth and feel that CD does not have. Obviously their are different schools of thought about this, but I feel that a new vinyl record has a lot more “punch” than a CD.

I was fortunate, a couple of months ago, to pick up a Magnavox stereo that had probably not been played much. Since my other stereo, my ‘new’ Magnavox, was purchased in 1981, and the needle’s not that good, I have enjoyed listening to my remaining records. I have a CD player in my car, however good that system is, but it seems, to my untutored ear, that the vinyl has a much-better quality–although don’t ask me to substantiate it.

I really don’t mind old technology–I still use my VCR–many tapes–and the ‘old’ technology suits me. I have a well-off cousin who ‘has’ to have the latest–you name it: television, cell phone, gadgets galore.

Getting back to Heintje: I thought he was pretty much forgotten. I saw him on television–Ed Sullivan?–dressed up in tuxedo, which probably impressed me as much as his voice. So many singers now wouldn’t be caught dead in a tie, let alone a tuxedo.