Large Caliber Sniper Rifles

About rifles . Sniper rifles , which you think is the best .

They all work.

It’s the sniper that matters.

I choose the two first . The reason is that both are tested i real situation . But i would chose Chey Tac because it is more accurate and devastating .

About M82

Caliber: .50 BMG (12.7 x 99mm)
Operation: Short Recoil, Semi-Automatic
Overall Length: 1448 mm
Barrel Length: 737 mm
Feed Device: 10 Round Detachable Box Magazine
Sights: 10X Telescopic
Weight: 12.9 kg empty
Muzzle Velocity: 854 m/s (M33 Ball)
Max Effective Range: 1800 meters

About Chey Tac

Caliber: .408 CheyTac
Operation: manually operated rotating bolt action
Barrel: 762 mm (30")
Weight: 12.3 kg
Length: 1400 mm (stock retracted), 1220 mm (stock collapsed)
Feed Mechanism: 5 rounds detachable box magazine
Sights: 10X Telescopic
Max Effective Range:2000+ m

As i said i like more chey tac

Agreed, the rifle is the tool, the sniper is the weapon, but as far as which rifle is best, that takes some consideration. There are different types of rifles for different types of sniping. Out in the desert, one of the large bore rifles will be a good choice, particularily if one intends to engage light vehicles as wll as individuals. if you wish to remain quiet, then a small bore (5.56m.m. to 7.6 m.m.) will be a good choice as suppressors can be fitted, and still allow for reasonable accuracy to 500-600 mtrs. This would be ideal in Urban sniping, where engagement distances can be as few as 100 mtr. When using a supressor, the ammunition should be as close to sub sonic as can be, so there will be little or no “cracking” sound as the bullet flies to target.
When I was in the military, there were only small bore sniping rifles, generally in 7.62 Nato, (.308 Winchester) and were bolt action rifles. The large bore, .338, to .50 cal. didnt show up in general use till just the past decade or so.
in short, the tool must fit the job, and in this day of computer operated machining centers, and highly skilled gunsmiths, quality is is pretty much equal for everyones rifle.

A very good video of functioning and ammunition used by the 12,7mm Barret M82, called “special aplications scoped Rifle” by the U.S.M.C.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=BSOUWtd-mec

PK increadible video . I knew that the penetrating capabilities were hight but i didn’t that was so “high”