Looking for photo of surrender

Hello all! I have been researching for months for a photo, but haven’t been able to find it. About six months ago, my friend described a photo he saw in a German history museum of the surrender, from what I remember the photo was of many German soldiers and just one American soldier, holding a gun, smoking a cigarette. He loved the photo, and said it was very powerful. I have been trying to find ANY copy of the photo for him, but haven’t been successful. If you have any information, or just know which picture I’m talking about, PLEASE let me know.
Thank you

There are many pictures that fit to your description. If you just had the chance to give a look at the Photo section, you’ll realize that it’s just a matter of endurance. Infact you’ll see that all the pictures posted in the Site are subdivided in Subjects (German Forces/ Italian Forces/US Army etc.). The picture that you’re looking for probably is in the US Army or in the US Marines section. The only thing you have to do is arm yourself of patience and glance over the numberless pages… You’ll find thousands of beautiful pictures. Enjoy them! Have a good hunt…