M1 Garands in games

I did find out that it IS possible to refill a partially depleted clip of an M1 Garand, so does anyone agree that the Garand should be reloadable without emptying the clip in games? I distinctly remember in Band of Brothers in “Crossroads” when Winters took the clip out of someone’s Garand to make sure he doesn’t kill the prisoners that they just captured.

i believe it was possible to reload the clip, but only with great difficulty so i always just assumed that it wasn’t reasonable to do so in a combat situation. I do know for a fact that the event your referring to did actually happen, i wonder if maybe he had been in the middle of a reload when winters pulled him off the line?

Another good example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SYa71_NaV7U

but how well would this work when theres like 2 or 3 rounds left in the clip?

Exactly how it was done in the video. The guy said he could then remove a patially depleted clip and pop a full one in.

well it seems to me that there must be some reason, i mean i’ve heard the fact that they cant be reloaded from both historians and veterans alike, and i doubt that the army went 4 years neglecting to point out a simple button to the troops