M10 Tank Destroyer

Does anyone have any info about this tank?I saw it a picture in one of my books and am wondering if you could give me a idea.Ill go and serch about though but you guys can help.

Hope you like the pictures and information!

http://www.audiemurphy.com/m10.htm
Here is a great site for you RifleMan20. Check it out.

Some more stuff on TDs here

http://www.efour4ever.com/tank_destroyer.htm

:mrgreen: these are great sites they made me more aware of the M10and great pics Germansolder

Hey RifleMan20, I known you like the M10 Tank Destroyer very much. (Because you were talking about at school to me.;))
I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I did.

Hoped you enjoyed the picks guys.

Great pics my turn:
Nickname:Wolverine
Crew:5
Length:6.83 m (22.41 ft)
Width:3.05 m (10 ft)
Height:2.57 m (8.43 ft)
Weight:29.6 tonnes (65,000 lb)
Armor:9 - 57.2 mm (0.3 - 2.3 in)
Main armament:3" (76.2 mm) Gun M7 54 rounds
Secondary armament:.50 cal Browning M2HB machinegun 300 rounds
Power plant:General Motors 6046 Twin Diesel 6-71 375 hp (276 kW)
Suspension:Vertical Volute Spring Suspension (VVSS)
Road speed:51 km/h (32 mi/h)
Power/weight:12.5 hp/tonne
Range:300 km (186 mi)
I got my information from wikipedia

The US Army would have been better off investing the resources into an improved (76mm toting) M-4 Sherman, earlier than they did…

Yeap , that open top is criyng for a hand grenade.

All so true, but that was the only open top tank that the americans had used and many had seen devistation due to grenades being thrown through the top.

o i see so the weakness of the m10 is an open top,never seen that

Yes the M10 Tank Destroyer had a easy hatchet that could easily be opened. The M10 Tank Destroyer could have used a lot of changes to it. The gun was very powerful and gave the M10 a well fighting chance on the Western front. However the design was basiacally based on the M4 Sherman. Which in my opinion was a better tank then the M10 tank destroyer. They probably would of been better off to just upgrade the armour, gun, and the top hatchet. So I thank as the M10 Tank Destroyer as a upgraded M4 Sherman.:smiley: I still like the M4 Sherman better. The M10 Tank Destroyer was still a great tank to command in my opinion.

yea the m4 was a great tank

heres a picture you can sink your teeth into its gameplay that I was in online
Click to enlarge.

this is a picture of my m10 getting there butt wiped by some panzers and i think panther an maybe even a tiger this is some game play from COH

In the “Fire Fly,” “Jumbo,” or “Easy-8” configurations perhaps…

Serching for some M-10 video I get this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhd7PD8EGJg&NR

Two clips approx. 4 minutes each: the first showing a Jagdtiger on the proving grounds and some footage of the Jagdtigers of sPzJgAbt 512 surrendering in Iserlohn. The second clip shows an “advertisement” for the M10 tank destroyer which is worth watching for the sheer entertainment value let alone being of interest to military vehicle enthusiasts.

Very nice video Panzerknacker. The words in the movie were annoying to me because it was a different language. Anyways, great find by you.

awesome vid man why was some of it japanese then it speaks american in the end of the vid but real cool vid man

hey i found this its a m10 in action on COH
http://youtube.com/watch?v=meo1Uuwd9-M

COH is a blast to play,ofcourse it is not exactly realistic,but to be fun everything cannot be realistic.I think he is playing against a bot that is prolly why the tanks manuevered very badly.