Magician in WWII

Dear all,

anybody ever heard about magicians served at Allied Forces in North Africa, 1942? Especially during the Battle of El-Alamein. Jasper Maskelyne is one of the famous magician during that war.

Years ago I read an articles about them. Never heard again since then.

Thank’s.

Yawn…

Why do you yawn?

It’s a legitimate question about what are said to be actual events but which are disputed by some. http://www.maskelynemagic.com/

Has there been a flood of threads about this topic that I’ve missed, to make it so boring?

My new thread about Russian teacups is a legitimate thread also. The teacups are as interesting as a North Afrcian magician in 1942.

Link please I also have a keen interest in Russian teacups and Faberge eggs.

were these people serving as soldiers, or using their expertise to assist the military in developing camo, and realistic appearing dummy equipment.
I know that in later wars, the U.S. gov’t used map dowsers to locate tunnel complexes, and minefields etc.

Sorry Herman, but this could become a really interesting thread. I’d like to know more about the behind the scenes things going on back then regarding deception and such.

Yep, going to have to go with the Maskelyne mob, I read his book some years ago.

Herman you should have followed the link, it deals with very interesting aspects of warfare.

Thank’s for the link Rising Sun … finally I could heard n read again about him. It’s an interesting story about how the Allied forces (and Germans too) used a different way to defeat the enemy. Thank’s again!!!

Yes, thanks for the link RS! I started to read but haven’t finished yet. Will try to keep up.:slight_smile:

Look, there was no link when the thread started. Had I have known, I wouldn’t have been so sarcastic. The thread implied something about some stupid majigian who I thought was like Bob Hope entertaining the troops. How the hell would I know that the thread was about something other than that. NOW that I know what it is about I am dam interested too!!..I apologize for my ignorance and sarcastic undertone. (But the link could have been noted in the first thread post in the first place):oops:

Actually, until RS posted the link, I was wondering along the same lines.

Look, there was no link when the thread started. Had I have known, I wouldn’t have been so sarcastic. The thread implied something about some stupid majigian who I thought was like Bob Hope entertaining the troops. How the hell would I know that the thread was about something other than that. [/QUOTE]
Assumption, the mother of all f… :wink:
(As an aside I unfortunately missed out on seeing Bob Hope in one of his USO shows, heard he was excellent though. There again, with coming on sixty tours under his belt he should have had a fair idea about what the troops liked.)

No worries pal, things occur like that.
Had I not already known of Maskelyne I reckon I’d have tried a search engine to see if someone was pulling a fast one, but then that’s just my way of doing things…

Edited to insert a missing square parenthesis.