Major-General Jock Campbell

Hi there, I’m new to this forum so ‘hello’! I’m currently doing some research with the objective of writing a book about Jock Campbell VC, 7th Armoured Brigade. There is a good deal of information on the internet but I would like to talk to any veterans who personally new Campbell, or served under him. A tall order but I would also like to know if he has any surviving family??!!
This is a particularly important project for me as my great-uncle Sid Clarke served in the Desert Rats during WW2 and had the great pleasure of being a personal driver for Montgomery. In fact whilst visiting the Imperial War Museum (correct venue?) he got a rollicking for sitting in the drivers seat of Monty’s ‘jeep’ but managed to placate the irate custodian when he explained that he had indeed driven the vehicle with Monty at his side.
Any information, help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Campbell deserves to have a book written about him and as I can not find one I shall do my very best to do this great hero justice.

To meet people that knew him it might be worth enquiring at the Royal Hospital Chelsea and ‘Desert Rat’ veterans associations.

Thanks so much for your advice. Will do.

I have done some family history research on MGen Jock Campbell as my wife is a cousin of his. Please e-mail me for further information.

Apologies for thread necromancy, but my interest in Maj-Gen Campbell is that I live in his birth-town of Thurso where a cliff-top pathway is named Victoria Walk after his achievements. It’ll soon be the 70th anniversary of his death (26 Feb 1942).