Marauder

Check this:

Caption: Close up shot of a marauder, crewman in the nose is having a sly cigarette, usually heavily frowned upon!

Comments? Bravade or typical attitude? :wink:

Dani,which actitude are you talking about? :smiley: ,the ciggaretes? :lol:

Yep.

Thatā€™s the actitude of somebody in a tin of lewerbusht,in a war,being bored,tired and without fun and nothing to do,i also would smoke if i were in war,what could i do for having fun?

I think itā€™s typical,dani,a suggestion,why donā€™t you put a poll?

Typical for Americans only? What you think?

Good questions and topic!.

I think that some Americans did,they were more human than the nazis,so they needed something,in this chase they were the cigarettes,the nazis were more likely to be war machines,it seems they did not need nothing, i think also that some americans that like being ā€œcoolā€ did that for that reasons.
The cigarettes are for some people considered cool,i think it just gives you cancer and sexual retardation.

At least this is my stupid opinion.

thanks
ESR (Sturm)

Everybody smokes in the army-I think it has something to do with being under orders or something.
Iā€™ve started smoking during my service and I couldā€™nt imagine my self at war times.

What about this, then?

Actually, I was thinking of attitude in battle (not resting like in this picture), considering that the Marauder returned from a bombing mission.

Edited: And Iā€™m not talking of smoking as an action. :lol: Instead of smoking could be anything else (drinking, reading newspaper, etc)

yes,i know that they also did,but i think that in americans it is more ussual.

and reading newspaper cannot give you the smae pleasure as smoking i think,also drinking in battle would destroy you,lower your accuracy,concience and give you the risk to die easily (enemies would recognize a hidden drunk guy).

i agree with tsolias too,the army is sad,so people wnats something happy :lol:

What about Soviet soldiers drinking vodka?

Edited: In battle!

In battle, otherwise we have this one on drinking:

source

Well, they always been in cold climate so itā€™s normal for them,also they donā€™t mind die or live because if they donā€™t die in the war,his leader kill him.

and also the soviets werenā€™t the best,they just were like ants,a lot!.

More coffin nails:
:lol:

Earlier that century:

Canuck sldr lighting the cigarette of a prisoner.

Off-topic: It is a Romanian sergeant. I never seen this picture before. Cuts, could you give me the source?

Ahh the Sovietsā€¦
I now some of these people and take my word for it , they are never drunk.
They can drink one bottle of vodka each and youā€™ll never see any difference.

You are an artist cuts!

[quote=ā€œDaniā€]

Off-topic: It is a Romanian sergeant. I never seen this picture before. Cuts, could you give me the source?[/quote]

I thought that paricular one would interest you Dani. :smiley:
Gen sent.

Thanks! Reply sent as well!

General Galland smoked cigars in the air all the time and had a special ash tray installed in his Bf 109.