March of German POW's. Moscow, 17 July 1944 - Colorizations By Users | Gallery

March of German POW's. Moscow, 17 July 1944

March German prisoners of Moscow.17 July 1944. Columns through the streets of the capital were about 57 000 German soldiers and officers, mostly captured by troops in Byelorussia 1 st, 2 nd and Byelorussian fronts during Operation Bagration in the summer of 1944 was crushed by the German Army Group Center. " Were destroyed or captured about 400 000 soldiers and officers. Of the 47 generals of the Wehrmacht, fought as commanders of corps and divisions, 21 were taken prisoner. Allies doubted such a monumental failure of the Germans in Belorussia. Provide a good opportunity to demonstrate the successes of the USSR in the war, to raise the spirit of Muscovites and residents of other cities. It was decided to hold German prisoners, led by their generals in the streets of Moscow and Kiev

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.ww2incolor.com/gallery/colorizations/28367/march-of-german-pow's.-moscow-17-july-1944

dewit may be a nitwit and he posted his comment with the wrong intentions, however it’s a fact that the streets were soiled with feces of the Germans after this march which took hours. The reason is that many German soldiers suffered from dysentery and simply couldn’t keep “it”. BTW, it’s reported that a lot of the Russian civilians showed compassion and gave water to their enemies.

Yes, FTG, I think that is part of the reason for cleaning the streets after such a parade. But I am still not sure there is reason think dewit is a nitwit with wrong intentions. But I’m pretty new here and don’t know his history. I think one must keep in mind the treatment given to Russian prisoners by the Germans in this review. Nuff said. Peace to all survivors and victims.