Maybe a stupid question

Hey I was on yesterday and I noticed something new, it was a forum area for mods and admins, then I came back today and its gone, I was wondering if I was suppose to see that, just asking because I didnt want to be in something I wasnt supposed to be in

It would appear that we were able to see an area that is off-limits to members. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the same qualms as you and spent most of the morning snooping around and reading the behind-the-scenes threads…they were very entertaining…:wink:

like what?

Not a stupid question at all. Yes…this is the second time it has happened, first time was a year or so ago. Very interesting what the mods talk about and think of members who have differences of opinions. A word of advise to new members…never have a different opinion than a mod…or a member who may become a mod, agree with everything they say and kiss up whenever you can and youll get along just fine.

Not a stupid question at all. Yes…this is the second time it has happened, first time was a year or so ago. Very interesting what the mods talk about and think of members who have differences of opinions. A word of advise to new members…never have a different opinion than a mod…or a member who may become a mod, agree with everything they say and kiss up whenever you can and youll get along just fine.

Agreed.

I wish I saw that LOL I want to know whats in there about me

In public, mods have to act according to the site rules - even when someone is a complete moron who we all know the site would be better off without. The War Room allows us to discuss people like that and blow off a bit of steam without affecting our job.
As far as we’re concerned, if you obey the site rules you’re welcome to stay here indefinately…

I didn’t see the mod thread, nor do I care what’s on it because that’s their business, but my rather substantial and fairly recent experience contradicts your view.

After two major conflicts to which I made a major contribution by fighting back in my unrestrained ball kicking fashion, because that’s my unfortunate nature when under attack, I couldn’t fault the process or the result.

If you have a halfway reasonable complaint and pursue it vigorously but half way reasonably, the majority of the mods will see that you have a fair complaint and the admins will make a just decision.

However, in my cases, I was completely unreasonable and the mods and admins were still fair. :wink:

Hey I was on yesterday and I noticed something new, it was a forum area for mods and admins, then I came back today and its gone, I was wondering if I was suppose to see that, just asking because I didnt want to be in something I wasnt supposed to be in

I am sorry, I had no use always my best languaje there.

Now this is another not so stupid question…why a person could be “Chief Moderator” when is hardly seen here ?

Who WW2mod, no offense to him

Firefly actually, his only two actions as moderatos has been to block The Dresden bombing topic and the one related with Falklands/Malvinas crimes, considering that he is involved with the british military that does not sound like impartial actions :rolleyes:

Sorry PK, but sometimes its the posts you don’t edit that make the Mod, not how much he makes his presence felt by intimidation and editing…

And since you have such a long memory apparently, perhaps you’ll recall something regarding the Dresden thread. That you took upon yourself to later ban the single biggest protagonist (or antagonist, depending on how you look at it) in that thread for “trolling and anti-semitism.” So I take it that you concurred that the thread was more about nationalist flaming that it was about learning and the sharing of knowledge…

Sorry Nick but after your late post about my country in the “Too late for England” topic I think you are not qualified to talk about this matters, if you want we cant talk about issues within your reach like…hummm…dogshit, goatshit and bullshit.

I don’t think we really need another goat shit, dog shit or bull shit thread…:wink:

We’ll leave the last sentence for you --to throw at the walls…And ignore the rest…

Always you come on with the dogship, goatship, and bullship language, like that other pucking foulmouth from Austria. :wink:

(To avoid any misunderstanding, this is being funny, and you are expected to be funny in response, particularly as you’re working on your sense of humour. :wink: If you don’t, pdf27 will crack the ships again :wink: ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crack+the+shits ) and lock the thread, so say something funny. :))

Seriously kill the insults ppl!!!

“If you do it right, people will question whether you are there at all”.

Reaching back to my politics study there are several sorts of leadership. Firefly seems to use the Laissez Faire approach. Little nudges to keep things on track, but allows teh members to control the thread.

Your approach boardered on right wing, tyranical dictator. Although you fell short of PMing members the posts they were to put up.

It is more a difference in style and you’re still bitter that you have lost the mantel of Moderator, and are cast down with us peons, that you thought were lesser than you whilst you were a mod.

Exactly.

It’s entirely possible that that’s why he’s an uber-moderator. :wink:

For a moment there I thought this was an admin flame urging us to kill the people making insults, which it has to be conceded would contribute to harmony on the board, but then understanding dawned. :smiley: