Memphis Belle 25th Mission Actual Footage

I think the doumentary William Wyler did on the Memphis Belle’s 25th mission was excellent. He and his crew went along with the Belle’s crew on their 25th mission over Europe. The doumentary is actual footage of the event in color. There was a 60th Anniversary edition of the documentary released recently. All of the footage has been restored, and there is over 3 hours of extra footage that was taken but not used in the doumentary included. You can order either editions of the doumentary from the widow of the pilot of the Memphis Belle at www.memphis-belle.com. There are other things you can buy there too, such as the pilot’s biography. The biography, I might add, is the absolute best book I have ever read on WWII aviation. Of course he recollects war stories, but he recollects the human side of the event as well. It is an amazing book. I have read it 6 times, and am currently on my 7th. The name of the book is The Man who Flew the Memphis Belle. The book and the documentary can also be found on eBay of course. You can also find the book at any bookstore.

I saw this documentary in high school. It was great.