Men-At-Arms 250...the worst Osprey book.

Some time ago I have purchased online the Men at Arms 250 “Argentine forces in the Falklands”…I wasnt expecting too much about this , maybe was the curiosity or knowing waht "the other side " say, aniway my blood start to boil when a browsed it a little and encounter several ortografic horrors, mistakes in person recognition and the excessive captions like “unknown this” “unknown that” “Unidentified here”.

I was quiet shocked that the author do so little research about the history, he simply put thogeter some info (not much by the waw) in cronological order. Aniway I will extend this topic futher making some remaks about the huge mistakes in this book.

Just posting to name the forces who appears in the cover, from left to right, an Amphibius Commando (Argentine Navy), an Army Commando (Argentine Army, but there is a mistake with the cap, that is black), and the last one, an ordinary private from the Army.

A bigger image.

The image 3 is taking from a well know picture of 2 abril of 1982, the soldier was Jacinto Batista.

http://www.bichosverdes.org/Batista.jpg

Some of the several ortographics mishaps.

Commandos is Comando in spanish.

There are no “Vehiclos” but Vehiculos.

NO F… way is not the army general Joffre but Mario Benjamin Menendez, the military governor of the islands.

to be continued…