Moscow Visas

Hey chaps,

what’s with the visa restrictions?

It’s Chelsea v Man Utd in the final. Now fans face the struggle for a Moscow visa

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/01/championsleague.manchesterunited?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

For me personally it is very funny every time a West European complains about entry visa to Russia. :slight_smile: Just hilarious.
Do you have any slightest idea what we have to come through when we want to visit Europe or even worse US-of-A?

From the linked article in #1.

The simmering diplomatic row between Russia and the UK is threatening to prevent thousands of Chelsea and Manchester United fans travelling to Moscow for the first all-English Champions League final as negotiations over the visa requirements descended into acrimony yesterday.

In words of one syllable or less, capable of being understood by a thick- headed Antipodean, can someone explain why the ‘all-English Champions League final’ is being held in Moscow?

Chevan made a comment about this in another thread.

What do you have to go through?

In your childhood had you ever been drawn to the school master’s office for reprimand?
That is kind of feeling one has to go through. Besides the practical inconveniences.

What?
They want a visas?
OK lets go to am Russian ambasady and during 3 hours explain : who are thay, what are they going to do in Russia, have thay a wife and children in Englan and…to the hell…don’t they want to stay in Russia.:slight_smile:
And via the 3 hours …refused…sorry lads you are not enough realible looking:)
Lets do the little execution for them like they did for russian , trying to visit the England…

English skinheads enjoy a little cultural excursion. :slight_smile:

If they meet, my money is on the Russian neo-fascist skinheads, who are certified mongrels.

If only for home ground advantage. :smiley:

But why is a match between English teams being held in Moscow?

Nah.

We just got the strap.

Yea our lockal skinheads are waiting of british “gentlemens” already…
I’m scary to imagine what will be in Moscow.

I think the Man U and Chelsea fans will be too busy battling each other, as is usual, to take on any Russians - they might attempt to recruit Russian fans to their side.

But why is a match between English teams being held in Moscow?

It’s a European tournament, so the venues are chosen long before the teams qualify for the final (Which implies that the Russians had plenty of time to sort out the visa situation …unless, of course, they expected two Russian teams to partake in the final? :mrgreen:)

In this case, both teams happen to be English. :wink:

I once had to go to the Russian Embassy. It took four attempts before I got inside. Each day I arrived early and qued (lined-up) outside, as they only allowed one person at a time to enter the building. The first three days I almost made it, but as I neared my turn to enter, some chap popped out, stated “NJET!” and went back inside and closed the door. The fourth day, I was the final person they allowed inside. I was only dropping off an envelope which required a stamped receipt. :slight_smile:

Did someone say “Stretcher bearers”?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ghV6zBarf5w

Do you know if Russia will make a less expensive and complicated procedure about visa in order to have an international public during Olympic Games ?

The latest news is that any fan with a match ticket will not need a visa for a stay of up to 72 hours in Russia.

Did someone say “Stretcher bearers”?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ghV6zBarf5w

Jesus…there was several crazy footballers in that video. :shock:

Theres gonna be a russian olympic?