Moths v Flies

Why do flies annoy us and demand a spray of fly killer as they buzz around the room, but moths don’t?

Got a couple of flies with the aerosol AA half an hour ago, and they richly deserved it, but a bloody great bogong moth has bumped me a few times before and since as have some lesser moths and I wouldn’t spray them in a fit.

It can’t be just the buzzing noise with flies because even the quiet ones bring out the killer instinct.

Why is it so?

Because you hardly ever see moths all over dung and rotting carcasses, then trying to land on your food!

No flies on me - not even the firey type.

idk, but i have a, air powered pump action bb gun, when i see a moth i fire it without the bb, theres never much left

Hmm, thats Ok if you live in a trailer but I live in a house!

Flies are bastards, plain and simple and Moths are full of powder. Ive always wondered how they manage that, anyone know?

Guys, do not you know that moth spreads deadly germs? they are very dangerous in fact.
Some scientists are inclined toward the theory that it was moth that cause the dinosaur extinction.

You’ve reminded me.

I used to stuff a few grains of rice down the barrel of my air gun when I was a kid and shoot flies with it.

Not too lethal, but got one now and again.

Which reminds me that another kid and I went to the zoo a few times with pockets full of rice and ball point pens with the pen bit removed so we could fire rice at the monkeys and other animals, like blowpipes.

We could get right up to the cage in those days. Bars with chicken wire behind it, on the monkey side. Baboons seemed to be used to being hit on their big red arses, if the occasional scratch after a good hit was anything to go by. Some of the little monkeys used to go apeshit, if that’s possible.

I’m not proud of it now, but it was bloody good fun at the time.

Are you serious?

Got any information?

They’re all females, aged between 13 and 16 in human years.

It’s just make up.

That’s why they keep flying to the light, so they can make sure their make up looks right. And they knock themselves out trying to get it right, because no matter how long they spend on it, it won’t be right. So they keep hitting the light. Boing. Boing. Boing.

I hope Gracie doesn’t see this, or I’m in the shit. :smiley:

You bet! I always am serious. :wink:

Ah!

Now I understand.

You’re serious serious. :wink: