MSNBC (News website) Military Myths Quiz

Here: http://encarta.msn.com/quiz_312/military_myths_quiz.html?GT1=27004

I got 8/10…

5/10, Why did Mr. Rogers wears his sweater than!?

7/10. Whats with the 1st question anyway?

It was on Mythbusters cant remeber what it was called

To provide a relaxed authority figure…He was a Presbyterian minister during WWII…

I think Captain Kangaroo was in the Marine Corp after WWII. There was a myth that he had been a war hero but he missed it by several months…

10/10

I knew the answers only to Questions 1, 4, & 10.

I sort of recalled something about or reasoned the answers to Q. 5, 8 & 9.

The rest I just guessed on an intuitive basis, or got lucky on 50/50 as I’ve never heard of Fred Rogers. Although his brother was well known here. His name was Roy and he used to ride Trigger. They had a sister called Ginger. I don’t know who used to ride her. :smiley:

Which just goes to show that a 6/10 bare C grade student can be a 10/10 A+ just by guessing.

Remember that the next time you go to the doctor. He’s probably guessing what’s wrong with you, the same way he passed his exams. You better hope he’s not guessing which hole he needs to investigate. :smiley:

I shouldn’t have gotten the “shot off gonad leading to pregnancy myth” from the American Civil War, since I actually saw that debunked on MythBusters (a US discovery channel show)…But it just sounded absurd enough to be true…

Now that you mention it, I think that’s where I heard about it.

Could be the same or a similar place that I heard about resonance destroying a bridge, or maybe that brilliant piece of film of a bridge in the US (1940’s - 1950’s?) coming apart in a wind that caused the right harmony in its movement. Although I seem to remember something similar about a collapse in a stadium or grandstand from stamping feet setting up the right resonance.