Museums with Axis equipment

Hello all,

I’m compiling information on museums with Axis WW2 equipment on my site, the Axis History Factbook, and I’d appreciate any help with additions (text or photos) or corrections to the material.

The museums section can be found at http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=56

(I hope it is ok to post this here)

Thanks.

/Marcus
marcus@skalman.nu

There is a smaller one, the Russell military museum, Russel road, Ill. right on the border with Wisconsin.
russellmilitarymuseum.com/

Thanks tankgeezer. I checked their website but did not find any Axis equipment on the photos. Do you know what kind of Axis equipment they have on display?

/Marcus
www.axishistory.com

Novion le porcien Musee guerre et paix in the French Ardennes.
http://www.novion-porcien.com/musee.php
They have quite a lot of German equipment from 1870 until 1945.
No Armour but a lot small arms(G41,G43,Stg44 the classics) notably the VG 1-5 ,a PAK 40,Vehicles like a Hanomag( I think),a Kettenkrad from the Lehr division,a beautiful Flak 18/36 and a a listening station Hörgerath (only 2 still existing,the second one being in restoration in the same museum)from the II.Flak-Korps.
Quite a few uniforms also.
Do you need pictures?I could post them in the AHF(I am a member after all) if you want?

Rather small (no vehicles etc.) but still interesting since it’s the only one in the region:
Museum “Hürtgenwald 1944 und im Frieden”
Pfarrer-Dickmann-Straße 21 - 23,
52393 Hürtgenwald - Vossenack
Germany
Tel./Fax: 0049/2429/902613

Photos are the only ones to get on the net.

hürtgen.jpg

soldaten1.jpg

waffen.jpg

wagen2.jpg

They are fairly new at this location, what they have might not be on the website yet, i know they had some things, but they are private, so depend on volunteers, and donations to repair their stuff and display it.Next time i go there, I’ll get some pics of what they have. (If they will let me,)

Thanks tankgeezer, I appreciate it.

/Marcus

Thanks, I’ll add it to the list.

/Marcus

Thanks, I’ll add it too. You can either post them there or email them to me at marcus@skalman.nu thanks.

/Marcus