My Display [Mannequin]

I’ve been collecting WW2 Waffen-SS original and reproduction militaria for some time, and I’d like to share it with you

This is Fritz Schlitzen, Waffen-SS sturmann of the 9th SS Hohenstuafen Panzer Division. Arnhem, Holland - 1944

Overall I’ve spent about $2000 on all of this. It’s a really fun hobby and I use it for presentation at school, collectors, etc.

I have everything from the contents of the breadbag to the personal items in the pockets. I don’t have photos of EVERYTHING, so if you’d like to see more, please ask

Thanks and enjoy! :smiley:

Also, somethings may seem unrealistic. For instance, the fact that he is equipped with a Fallschirmjager zeltbahn, and that he is clearly over-decorated.

Here are some more photos…

Well, quite impressive :wink:

Could you show us the boots of that handsome fellow?

Do you consider putting some mud and rust to get more realistic effect?
He looks like he had just left the laundry :wink:

I do intend to make him more realistic, yes. Fritz just…got out of the shower… XD

Let me upload… uploading

Ah yes, and the boots are original! I got lucky on those… only $100.00

I’m planning to make a youtube presentation someday…

Recently de-rusted bayonet and shovel as well.

These are great man. I am currently looking for that kind of stuff. Can you tell me any cheap world war 2 sites that you can buy stuff?

Well, some of the stuff I purchased from local dealers, but most of the stuff was from the internet…

-1944 Militaria
-At The Front
-Grigsby Militaria
-Spearhead Militaria (eBay)
-International Military Antiques (Don’t purchase their leather)
-Ost Front
-Reenactor Stuff
-Webster Displays

I think that basically sums it all up. Any more questions and/or comments? I’d be happy to answer them!

Hey I was wondering if you could give me a world war 2 site that sells items from the war. Please give me the cheapest price you can find. Running low on money:( I am going to try and save up still.

Uh… not many are cheap… but I’d try International Military Antiques. Just don’t buy their leather…it’s crap…

Any other comments and/or suggestions? :smiley:

Those are great pics. What do you figure the total cost for that was…just a guess?!

Maybe 1,800-2,000

Expensive but fun! =]

Those are the sweetest man,what do you think you are getting next

For the sturmann or a whole new idea?

For the sturmann I’d get some camoflauge…

And for a whole new idea I’d either create a Fallschirmjager or Michael Wittmann

I was wondering if you have bought a antique gun for any of the soldiers above. If so please post a picture!

I have not purchased a firearm yet, but I have a collector that is reserving a K98 Mauser for me when I get the cash…

Michael Wittmann would have a Walther P38, and a Fallschirmjager would have a combination of a pistol and a rifle, machine gun, etc.

Cool, I was wondering if you would give a picture of the figures with the firearm when you get it. Right now I am saveing up for a german Kar98K maybe a scope and my friend RifleMan20 is saving up for a Springfield. We might make a youtube video. Not for sure.

Interesting…

Well first I have to get the money - that’s easy.

Softening up my mum is the hard part…she’s traumatized of firearms.

I’m currently trying to upload photos of the personal effects…

Will try to get them on the boards by tonight! :slight_smile:

Nice,I have seen russian sites that sell stuff pretty cheap like boots and clothes,but I think most of it is from later wars.

East German perhaps?