My Way: The Best Korean War Film?

This movie came out last year. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as it tells a truly unique and rare story of WW2.

Just to give you an idea in case anyone is unfamiliar, it follows two men, one a Korean rickshaw driver and the other a Japanese marathon runner and groomed military officer. After competing in a race together, the Korean is conscripted by the Japanese into the army, and soon finds himself under the command of his old opponent. Over the course of the war, the two men travel together on one of the most extraordinary journeys of all time, beginning with the Soviet-Japanese border wars and finally ending in the Normandy campaign of 1944.

Note, that this movie is based on a true story (albeit with a bit of poetic license thrown in, as is always the case) and is, in my opinion, possibly one of the best films to come out of Korea in ages. The only thing I dislike about it is that the Mongolian characters are mostly made to look like animals, especially the prison guard at the Siberian camp.

Nevertheless, it’s a truly inspiring movie, and something I would recommend to anyone interested in the Second World War. The unique tale of two men, traveling across continents and serving in the armed forces of three different nations is definitely one of those great untold stories that should be heard.

Anyone else seen or hold an opinion on it? I would post a link to a trailer, but unfortunately it seems as though I do not yet possess permission to do so…

The system will allow links to be posted once you have made 5 posts, they can be spread across any of the boards, and you’ll be all set. I’ll post the trailer link for you, Enjoy…

http://youtu.be/_j4Gcu7wlMc

Cheers!