Nazis & Chetniks in Yugoslavia

Howdy, foax! I’ve a couple of exotic questions which I hope the omniscient among you can help me answer!

Years ago, probably in the 1970s, I saw a “Technicolor” foreign film (with English subtitles) shot in the (then) country of Yugoslavia, whose plotline took place in the Balkans and featured a craggy-jawed Nazi commander, some actual King Tigers (which I believe were in the possession of the Croatian military), and a bad guy described as a Chetnik. Now, this guy was impressively BAAAAD – usually mounted on horseback, he dressed in a manner reminiscent of a Cossack, carried a long curved saber, and had the back of his head shaved from its crown to nape of his neck.

My questions, please:

(1) Does anyone remember seeing this film, and do you recall its title?

(2) Can anyone provide information regarding the historical accuracy of the film’s depiction of its Chetnik baddie?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best wishes & regards,

Walt

I think I may have seen it. Was the the guy who was impressively BAAAAD and usually mounted on horseback have a long beard and did he speak with an accent?!

Would the film be Force 10 from Navarone?I Seem to remember a big bad Cetnick in it.

Sorry, Herman. Though the baddie was usually mounted, if memory serves he was clean shaven, with relatively short head hair. And since the film was subtitled, I can’t speak for his accent.

Sorry, boyne. Force 10 from Navarone was a much later film. In fact, I’m not certain that the film I’m seeking information on was originally released outside of Western Europe.