Nazis gay-parade?!!!

I found out an interesting picture from bundesarchive.

What this might to be, any ideas?

And one more

I understand this is kind of german humor…

Not necessarily Nazi, but probably German POW’s in the first pic. The second photo I have no idea, but the above may have been taken at an American run Prisoner of War camp probably somewhere in the American South or Midwest. Prisoners were allowed to put on such shows as well as engage in a number of activities not normally associated with POW confinement. I believe they were putting on a show for the camp in the above pic reminiscent of the American show tradition of Vaudeville–with the obvious implication that there were no women available to play the parts of females…

The Bundesarchiv comment translates as

Norway, Lappland, Finland. - Troop maintenance, four as women with BH and skirt disguised soldiers

Norwegen, Lappland, Finnland.- Truppenunterhaltung, vier als Frauen mit BH und Rock verkleidete Soldaten

It is with these photos

Norway, Lappland, Finland. - Troop maintenance, as a Mrs. disguised soldier before comrades dancing

Norwegen, Lappland, Finnland.- Truppenunterhaltung, als Frau verkleideter Soldat vor Kameraden tanzend

athene-55g8czpdqqw1favo2ff_layout.jpg

Norway, Lappland, Finland. - Troop maintenance, chapel under wall design with rural motive making music

Norwegen, Lappland, Finnland.- Truppenunterhaltung, Kapelle unter Wandzeichnung mit ländlichem Motiv musizierend

athene-55g8d1d77fc1hzrpo2ff_layout.jpg

I think they look too lucky for the POWs. More likely this is sort of amateur performances in German army.But never saw anything simular. :)Besides, thanks to Leccy, we know now the the public was german .

Probably just some play or performance put on by the troops to pass time, must admit they’re funny images.

Whether at the Front or in PoW camp, actresses would have been in short supply to play female parts in the sort of plays and revues that soldiers of all armies seemed to favour. The only alternative was for some of the lads to drag up to play such parts. Does anybody In Here remember “Gloria” and “her” concert party friends in “It Ain’t Half Hot, Mum” ? Best regards, JR.

In this case Unterhaltung doesn’t mean maintenance, but rather entertainment/amusement. Also BH is short for Büstenhalter, which means bra.

I was assuming something like that when I posted but my German language skills have rapidly disappeared since I left in 2000. I resorted to Babelfish which I tend to find slightly better than google translate but still iffy at times.