Need information on German Luftwaffe officers- Goering?

Hi, I have some negatives of an airfield with Luftwaffe bombers. I need some help identifying the German officers/generals in this negative. The overweight German looks like Hermann Goering but i am not sure and would like opinions. This man doesn’t appear on any other of the negatives. Also, if anyone can recognize anyone else in the negative, please give your opinion. Any help would be much appreciated! thanks

img454i.jpg

That’s not Göring, he has never worn such an “unglamorous” uniform.

The second guy from the left (on photos 1 and 3) looks like Field Marshal Albert Kesselring.

Thanks for replying. He was known as a man of many uniforms and toned down his appearance before the end of WWII. The height of the heavy man was consistent with Gorings also. Thats why I thought there was a glimmer of hope that it could be him. How sure are you that you think that is Kesselring? Did you come up with this after you looked up the tail number on the plane?

Yes, but what we got here seem to be early-war or even pre-war photos. Note the absence of high decorations on all of them.

The height of the heavy man was consistent with Gorings also. Thats why I thought there was a glimmer of hope that it could be him.

Hugo Sperrle had a similar figure IIRC.

How sure are you that you think that is Kesselring?

After all I just did some guessing.

Did you come up with this after you looked up the tail number on the plane?

This didn’t even come to my mind (good idea though). It’s just that his face immediately reminded me of Kesselring.

I’m not so sure the gentleman in question was Hugo Sperrle. Two not so good quality pics of Sperrle below.

digger:)

Like I mentioned just guessing. Concerning Göring…wasn’t he wearing a white cap all the time?

And wouldn’t Gen. Albert Kesselring be smiling? :slight_smile:

Yeah most photos show Goring wearing a white cap. I have found some photos of him with a regular cap though. The man second from the left does have Kesselring’s grin. I just don’t have the right tools to zoom in anymore without distorting the photo. Hugo Sperrle does have the same figure. Maybe i should do a search on overweight Luftwaffe officers? Looking more in depth, I found a photo of a man that looks like the big guy in question (guy in middle.) But again i dont have a name. I also have another photo i posted in another thread that id like you to take a look at and give me your thoughts if you have any. thanks

Hitler with his generals.jpg

The man who flamethrower is talking about is smiling

yes… and H. Goering was a bit bigger guy (fatter) xD

On the photos- both official and unofficial he couldnt be overwatched.

He was such great and big fatty :lol:

Wonders if the original image by the aircraft is of either Udet or Milch
I don’t recall seeing many images of either man though.

Regards, Uyraell.

The palne is an early model Do-17 bomber (with radial BMW engine and early cabin structure).

Maybe Battle of Britain?

Regards:
TGR