thanks

Try this link:

http://www.archive.org/index.php

Search for “combat footage” or something similar

You could also try YouTube or Nara.gov

Hope this helps…

Thanks

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3358 :slight_smile:

Sorry for being late, my dear Mr. Dark 1995, but I have really required a quantity of time to unearth these – as far as I know – previously unexploited snapshots of downed airplanes in WW 2.

Therefore - in accordance with your already offered preferences - here they are:

Remnants of the Boing B 17 Flying Fortress, downed by Luftwaffe, somewhere in North Africa in 1943

Leftovers of the Bristol Blenheim MK I, slammed by fighters of the Regia Aeronautica above Derna, 1941

Tail section of the Avro Lancaster that was shot down by night fighters of the Luftwaffe, somewhere in Germany, 1943

Lockheed P 38 that was shot down by Luftwaffe, somewhere in North Africa in 1943

Hawker Hurricane, guarded by Italian soldiers somewhere in North Africa, November 1941

Well, that’s all for now. I shall let you know if I find something to boot. :slight_smile:

In the meantime, as always – all the best!

I need help as I restore and try to ID, seek to find family members to get photo’s to. The picture are amazing and were taken as Oflag V11 was saved. If you see any photo’s showing a loved one and you would like me to pull in photo or restore please let me know. On the link if you go to the bottom you will see some of the photos I have worked on.

Carol Celinska Dove

Approximately three years ago I recovered black and white negatives in a box, in a deserted house close to my home. This house was to be pulled down by bulldozers 2 days later so that they would inescapably have been destroyed and fallen into oblivion. After a first estimation of about 500 photos (there are in fact 300 photos left without all the bad ones) they have proved to date from the end of World War II. I have chosen to show fifty of the most significant ones among them on this site. I don’t know anything about the person who took these photos. I just think some of them represent a military camp for prisoners of war, probably that of Murnau, Oflag VII, in the province of Bayern, in south Germany. An inscription at the back of a truck mentions Murnau camp (photo #38). This camp is reputed to have kept 5000 officers prisoners, most of whom were Polish, between 1939 and 1945. Moreover several photos refer to Poland too. Other ones show American troops, the Task Force 2, coming to set the camp free on april 29th 1945. Some scenes of fight especially between armored vehicles as well as Germans running on a road, hands lifted, can be seen on others. Eventually the photographer must have taken several pictures as the prisoners, once released, were being transferred through Germany possibly to France. One can see many towns destroyed by bombings. Unfortunately I am unable to identify those places by now.

This gallery presents 3 rooms :

http://hollow.one.free.fr/