New poster here and I like to share Enfield rifle pictures

If you have any requests just ask I have a few #4’s and SMLE’s

Cheers
…MJ…

1st one of my SMLE rifles these are not really target rifles but can do OK

Now there’s a proper rifle!

Yes it is.

Some years back, I bought a No.4 MkI, (If I remember my nomenclature right) still in cosmoline. Got it cheap too! The minute I saw that sucker I bought it! Unfortunately, my house burnt up and the rifle with it.

That is sad.

Love the old war horses. The Lithco SMLEs are my favorite.

Lithgow rifles are great and I would like to find a 1930’s or even a 1918. I have an unfired one with mattching bayonet.

Sweet.

I’m afraid to shoot it. The wood is so dry recoil might damage the draws. There is a treatment with an epoxy but you must get it to soak in and there poly treatments too. If it had been issued it would have had the copper draw plates installed on the recoil side of the draw cut. Makes a nice disply over the fireplace with the matching '44 bayonet also new. It’s my one bling I allow my decorator side. I have a great shooter a '42 I think. I should go look,

Keep the unfired one in mint condition.

I won’t be shooting it any time soon. I did check head space with my gauges and chambered one round to check magazine feeding. I have several other rifles to keep me happy,

Only had a chance to shoot 10 rounds through a scoped .303 (at 900 yds with Indian manufactured rounds).

Fired No4’s quite a few times in .303 and 1 rechambered to 7.62. loved firing them, very smooth bolt and comfortable. Managed to get to fire a No 5 ‘Carbine’ as well it looked a bit odd and had a heavier feeling kick but seemed a once in a lifetime for me (I was only 13)

uncolored photo

The furniture looks almost new.

Like the sling - if you climb into it and rest the rifle stock on your palm, you’ll get a better result!

The furniture looks practically new?

The rifle is new ubfired

No duff -is that ‘unfired’ i.e. unused, or is ‘ubfired’ something I’m unfamiliar with?

Unfired '44 Lithgow, the wood is so dry I fear damaging the draws.