New Staff Member!

Would like you all to welcome pdf27 as our new moderator! He has been around the site for quite awhile and I think he will do a great job. :wink:

Good new Gen.
I think pdf should be very polite and professional moderator. Besides he know the excellent the some of phisical issues

Good choice!

Though DOC format is more spread than PDF.

:wink:

Nobody deserves it better. Good job pdf27. Also nice choice by the ww2incolor staff members!

Congrats to him and a fine choiceā€¦

:slight_smile:
I prefere the Word forat - it let to copy and changed the text.

Well, at least heā€™s a free programā€¦

I have to get Office 2007, my 2003 ran out and I really enjoy being overcharged for Microsh1t for stuff I should have anywaysā€¦

Only the reader. Acrobat Writer is downright expensive, although Open Office does have an equivalentā€¦

I think I need to use one of these programs; because I was writing up a lengthy response and fookinā€™ wanted to get cute with the cut & paste, and ended up losing it all (including my mind)!

http://www.openoffice.org - the Word equivalent isnā€™t bad, but donā€™t even think about using the spreadsheet for anything complex involving VBA - it simply isnā€™t up to it.

CONGRATS PDF!!! You are a great choice indeed

Good man for the job - Congratulations pdf27 :slight_smile:

Nick do you really pay for Microsift Office?
Why, i have the pirates version - works OK;)
But probably you as former teacher of history - are the too great patriot of US- coprorations monopolists?:wink:

Yea the ONLY Acrobat Reader is free.
However this enought convenient for the books reading and studieng of electronical chipā€™s documentation ( that i mostly do in pdf-format).

Cheers.

Thatā€™s how Adobe make their cash - they make sure everybody has a free copy of Acrobat Reader, then anybody who wants to publish something in write-protected format pretty much has to buy Acrobat Writer from Adobe for a big pile of cash. Smart move on their part.

Yeah. Iā€™m going to pay the $150 for the basic home/student edition, which is all I really need. Iā€™m supposed to be grateful to Bill Gates that itā€™s only one-and-a-half bills as opposed to $400 for the top shelfā€¦:rolleyes: At least theyā€™ve stopped demanding that one provides a school system ID to enable the program thoughā€¦

Itā€™s not a money issue, itā€™s just principle. I think basic should be on home machines and not be ā€œtrial-wareā€ that pisses out after 90-daysā€¦

Youā€™ve just reminded me that I in fact do have a bootable pirated 2003 MO CD.:smiley: But I stopped using it due to stability issues and the fact that MicroSh@t has actually gotten good at preventing one from getting their security updatesā€¦

Iā€™m waiting to see which crappy major US electronics or office supply chain-store has a deal on itā€¦

And I hate outsourcing, bribery-prone corporationist assholes as much as anybodyā€¦

P.S. - To be fair to Gates and MS though, he has done some good things with his Bill & Melinda Gates foundationā€¦

They donā€™t deserve to. I uninstalled Reader yesterday because it has a known and apparently incurable fault in its AdobeUpdater.exe file which tries to update and then chomps up close to 100% of your CPU; canā€™t stop the process; and have to reboot which takes forever.

For a while I thought Microsoft must have bought them out. :smiley:

Congrats on the mod job. :smiley:

From the positive responses I think the staff has made a good decision about the choice of our new moderator.

/me starts blushing!

Well in PDF.

If you need anything give me a bell, Iā€™ll soon have you trained up. :stuck_out_tongue: