Newest Tank Profile

Here is the newest profile of my armor series!

very nice work,how long when the image is done?

Just finished it last week.

Cool. Use Illustrator or something else?

This is all done by hand. Airbrush on Illustration board.

There are good profiles, and then there’s art. Amazing. Can we see all of your work, or at least some? Thanks for sharing. K

A nice bit of work. If you want to check something for accuracy: your AA MG appears to be a MG 34 from what I can make out at this resolution, complete with air vents in the barrel. There was a modified version of the MG 34 used by tankers, which had few (none or almost none) vents in the barrel. I don’t know if the use was universal or not – in other words, I don’t know if all MG 34s on tanks were of this variant or not. For that matter, I don’t know the gun would more likely be a MG 42, or if there was a “tanker” version of the MG 42. I don’t recall seeing many photographs of the AA MG on the King Tiger, so I can’t give you guidance. Anybody know more?

Umm…a nagging memory came to me, and I came back to check. Your illustration says “Wacht am Rhine,” the German code name for the Battle of the Bulge? In which case, the colors are completely off, as a winter scheme would have been used…

The photos I have of the operation show this scheme. They were not white washed. However thank you all for you kind comments.

I have several J-pegs of this unit going though one of the towns and though they are black and white I can detect no winter scheme.