Nickdfresh's avatar?

What’s the star design on Nick’s avatar?

It’s fairly similar to the Southern Cross, which is an Australian emblem and appears on the right half of our national flag.

Well, you’re warm. Very slightly mildly lukewarm…

I was under the impression that the southern cross was displayed on the Raider patch. Is that not correct?

The five white stars represent the constellation of the southern cross, under which the 1st Division fought during the battle for Guadalcanal

Thanks.

That’d be 1st Div USMC, not US Army?

Right… The patch is the USMC Marine Raiders patch

Thanks again.

Da! You guys were supposed to make him guess!

May be this is camouflaged David Star:)

You got a phobia of some kind?

Kovalskiphobia i think:)
Although i would like to think it was just a joike about stars:)

Er its a 6 pointed star?

Did not i say camouflaged:D;)

I’m glad they didn’t.

I thought it must be a northern hemisphere constellation.

We could have been at it for the rest of my life.

Oh, I’d of told you.

There still seems to be a bit of bitterness that the Raiders were disbanded in early 1944 and its members sent to regular Marine units. The thought being that the Marine Corp WAS elite and didn’t need elite units. (Of course, they now have the Recon who undergo SEAL training). I also think that the Marine command thought that there was little use for this ‘sneaky Pete’ stuff in the larger battles coming up on the volcanic Pacific islands devoid of jungle canopy…

So, like many US special operations troops, like the 1st SSF and the Rangers, they’re training and experience in unconventional warfare was largely wasted…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Raiders

http://www.usmarineraiders.org/index2.html

Oh, yes, you say that now, but it was different before you were a mod.

We seemed closer then, when you had a different avatar of a man in uniform, which you always said in our tender moments made you feel a bit woody.

Me, too.

Anyway, Woody, I still think of you as that man in uniform, your peak cap set resolutely against the enemy.

Yours isn’t the first Dear John letter I’ve had.

I expect it won’t be the last.

I’ll just struggle on, trying to be gay, in the bleak world your last post created.

I know my tears mean nothing to you.

After this terrible war is over, you’re going to be really sorry that I didn’t do my pelvic floor exercises.

I know your arithmetic comes to a different conclusion, but Harry really is your kid. And Elizabeth. Harry was just born four months late. And Elizabeth. Well, she’s a miracle, five months early, and eight pounds.

It beats me why you are so shitty about the Marines helping me out at home while you’re modding.

:D:D:D:D

You really are strange a man.

Consider yourself lucky that I’m not actually Jewish…

LMFAO!:smiley:

In any case, that man in the peaked cap was indeed resolute. That was “Wild Bill” Donovan, probably in his WWI era mugshot as an Army colonel and infantry commander that won some battle against Jerry despite overwhelming odds. In WWII he was the director of the Office of Strategic Services, forerunner of the CIA and founder of the first dedicated civilian US intelligence agency. So, we can all blame him…

And I’m sorry, but my job as a mod prevents me from having long term, committed relationships. So I just have to use women is a series of empty, one night stands, hookups with Russian born bar maids, or “FWB” relationships with previous acquaintances. It’s emotional hell and I spend long hours and nights awake crying myself to sleep over my shallow existential hell of loveless …oh damn! My beer’s empty. Better go get another…

:smiley:

ROFL :smiley:

I don’t see why we can’t continue our relationship.

So I just have to use women is a series of empty, one night stands…

That’s what I’ve been giving the Marines, and they’re still hanging around.

I think you’re hiding something from me. :smiley:

Q: What’s the difference between a straight US Marine and a gay Marine?

A: A six-pack of beer…:slight_smile: