No Recovery

I wasn’t sure to post this in the German section or the American so it goes here…

The German’s had a big reputation for recovering and rebuilding their knocked out armor sooooo the US did what it could to stop this from happening.

If it was burned, destroying the integrity of the armor they were demo’d:

Poor Germans, all the work they put into those… :wink:

Very cool pics, hadnt seen those before, Recovery was a priority with all sides in the war, it was easier generally, to recover, and repair/salvage than to obtain replacements for losses. The trick in demolition of vehicles is to destroy them all in the same way. this will make repair impossible, and salvage much more difficult. With all of those blocks of TNT stuffed under it,(plus however many may be inside it,) that vehicle is coming apart. The earlier marks were not too heavily built, so whether chicken fried, or tar-tar, to pieces it will go. The Axis probably had the same policy with Allied equipment, unless they might need it themselves.

Those are some very high quality images, respect.

And I think this also answers the question posed in a different thread, as to why the German tank wrecks were always so abnormally destroyed.

Pretty good work Hawkeye :slight_smile: I wonder if the allies did the same in Europe with the more bigger thanks of the germans …

Thank Hawkeye, not me;)

Oppps what a big mistake sorry Hawkeye … anyway great job with these photos .

Quick, edit your earlier post, I won’t tell anybody :wink:

:mrgreen::mrgreen: