No South African Section?

Just curious why there isn’t a South African section or is South Africa classified under Britain?

The Forums are based on the most popular subjects and or countries, if there is enough demand for a particular one then the Site Owner may be persuaded to set one up for that.

Otherwise you have the General discussion, other Military units, or as you said maybe under Britain as the Commonwealth.

Thank you for the speedy response. I asked the question because my grandfather was a ground crew member in the SA Air force during the war. I have a ton of his photographs that were given to me by my grandmother years ago. I have been in the process of scanning them all in the hope that they may be of assistance to somebody. I know he was in North Africa and in Austria amongst other places.

Regards,
Kevin Smith

No problems, happy to oblige.

There is also the photo section of the site for any photos people wish to put up.

Welcome jeeves101…good to have someone else from South Africa on the forum…enjoy the forum.

Thank you for the welcome!

I hope to begin submitting some of my grandfathers war photographs soon. I know that amongst them are some photographs of Gen. Smuts walking amongst the troops.

Anyway… best regards,

Kevin Smith

jeeves101

If they are your own personal photos you may wish to consider putting a watermark on them before posting them.