Non-diesel Shermans in Soviet Service

Can anyone tell me if Shermans other than the M4A2 Diesel varients were supplied to the Soviets?.I vaguely remember a photo of shot-up M4s with cast hulls (M4A1s) in a book about the Tiger Battalions “Tiger ;history of a legendary weapon”-a big expensive hard-back that a friend loaned me about 20 years ago.(I think!!)

Thanx for any help you can give me.

Kenny.

Yes of course.
As i remember We have received almost all of possible modifications of Sherman since 1941-1945.
The first lend-lise shermans were the petrols, i remember it for sure.
And it was a problem for soviet military economic , coz all of out soviet tanks were diesel, and plants have been concentrated on production of diesel fuel.
The petrol consumer was just aviation.
Later , seems in 1943 we got a new diesel modification.That were ready to use the soviet diesel fuel. It was good.

thank you Chevan, I was sure that petrol engined Armour was sent,I just have not been able to find any photo evidence.

Take care

Kenny.

Wasn’t a Soviet Guards Division armed with mostly with 76mm M4s?

Well, sorry my mistake…
Actualy we have recieved the few of petrol M4A4 but later the soviet side refuse others .As it was found out the special soviet requirement was the diesel engines.
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Шерман_(танк)#.D0.9F.D0.BE.D1.81.D1.82.D0.B0.D0.B2.D0.BA.D0.B8_.D0.B2_.D0.A1.D0.A1.D0.A1.D0.A0
The most mass soviet Serman was diesel M4A2 with both 75 and 76 mm gun.
The first lend lise shermans have been entered into the service in early 1942, but since 1943 in the Red Army was a few separate Panzer unit , aimed ONLY with Shermans M4A2.

Yes , the total fugure of supplied Shermans ( about 4000) let to form the whole New Panzer divisions and even Corps.
For insanse the 1 guard mehanized corp and 9 guard Panzer Corps was armed fully with Shermans.