Nuremberg

I just finished “Nuremberg Infamy on Trial” by Joseph E Persico. I found this book very interesting. I learned alot about the trial and the people involved. I only had a very small bit of knowledge on this subject before reading this,and although I’m far from an expert,I know much more than I did last week.

Good for ya.

Thats great…it is always fulfilling to know something today that you did not know yesterday.

That sounds like a lot of heavy material to read. Did the authors make it interesting or is it mostly like transcipts of the trials?

It was made very interesting,not transcripts,alot of background info on the participants.Not heavy reading at all.

Whatever dude,I was just pointing out it was an interesting book.You don’t have to be a little snot rag.

I don’t think he was being a snot rag? Don’t you think your being a little bit over reative? …Anyways, I have only seen the movie version. I bet reading the book must be amazing. Starnge how justice was handled so wiftly back in those days and today with the prisoners Americans have in cuba, they take forever to carry out justice. I really don’t agree that the persons hung at Nurenberg should have been hung. I mean, Hitler, Ya, but the others, I wonder about. No Japs were hung that I know of(maybe i’m wrong)…oh well…

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe someday soon, I’m backlogged on book reading lately.

I know what you mean lol. Sometimes you think you’ll never catch up.

Maybe I did overreact Herman2,it just seemed a little snotty to me. Ididn’t know there was a movie version? I would love to see that. IMO,The book was amazing,and after reading it,I agree,Some of the people should not have been hung. And,I did wonder why nothing was done with the Japanese after the war,or like you,that I have heard of.
The Military history channel did have a good version called “Nuremberg: Goering’s last stand” Which I enjoyed,The author of the book played a prominant rolein the film.

I’m trying to finish a book “Forgotten Soldiers” by Brian Moynahan. It’s about different individual acts of heroism that helped change the outcome of battles. And it’s all different nationalities represented. Been decent book so far for $8.00.:slight_smile:

Is that a book you can find at Border’s or Barnes and Noble? Or Amazon,sounds like a good read. I just purchased Stalingrad{b
ook
},Soldat,and Saboteurs The Nazi Raid On America. Can’t wait to dig in.
Thanks for the Info.

I got it at Waldenbooks. It happened to be on sale. Regular price was $17. I would think that Borders or Barnes&Noble could order it. Do y’all have Half Price Books in NY? I’ve found quite a few good used books there, saves money.

Some months before you joined the forum Egorka began posting a lengthy and most informative memoir by his grandfather, and all the more informative because there is very little in the West of such memoirs by the ordinary soldiers who did the bulk of the fighting in Europe where the bulk of people died in the battles to defeat the Nazis. http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6713

Egorka’s grandfather’s memoir is vastly more interesting and informative than the well known story about Nuremberg, which after all was just an Allied show trial not much better in some respects than the Nazi and Stalinist show trials which preceded it, and with no greater legal or moral authority.

Don’t be a little snot rag by disparaging members who have contributed vastly more to the site than you have, and who by their family history and historical knowledge know much more about the events leading to Nuremberg than you do.

Okay whatever,I have never claimed to have alot of knowledge about the subject,I was just posting that I enjoyed the book.
Why didn’t Egorka just explain that instead of his snide little remark.,I would have LOVED to hear about anything he could have told me. I’m on this site to learn as much as I can about WW2.,FROM EVERY SIDE.
Believe me,I’m not a trouble maker,I’m here to learn.

FYI,Thank you for the link,I just started to read it.

Believe me, it’s been a great thread to read, highly recommend it.

Just having glanced at it at first,then starting to readit,it’s fascinating and very interesting.