Officer's Room!

Would it be nice for site members to have an officers room. Kind of a token for being here awhile. This is possible but would it be effective? Thoughts?

I think it would be best if the members decided who was granted entrance! Whatever…is there an interest?

Edited to add: It will only be seen by the staff and the member that belong to the group.

Great idea, I would endorse it’s creation.

Bit ambivalent - if you have too many hidden forums, the site may seem dead to new members and thus slowly die over time.

If you do have it, at least call it the “Officer’s Mess” - “Officer’s Room” is a horrible name.

Not crazy about it.

I don’t think the site has the traffic to set it up yet. Better to build up traffic in the main area first.

I’ve been on a site that had a similar set up which wasn’t all that great in some respects as members would get into the closed area and bitch about the proles outside, then take it outside and inside without the proles being able to follow them. Usually difficult proles admittedly, but it still caused problems.

Great idea, but as pointed out, forum really needs a lot traffic to survive.

_

Not for it all all. A bit like the usergroups rooms we used to have that fell by the wayside, for the reasons stated above.

Just my 2 cents but I don’t think it is a good idea and don’t see a need for it. When I have something to say or post, I don’t see a need to post it in private.

Yea, maybe not such a good idea!