Old Equipment in use today

Im just wondering what Kit WWII is still being used by the US military today.

in the UK - to give you an idea:
The M1919 variants are still in use
the Browning 1911 is still in use.
Chieftains are only just being phased out of beach recovery I think.
SeriesIII Landrovers are still seen on the end of Runways around the place.

trying to move the thread on from libertariansim now!

All i knew was that the 1911 was still in use by the US Army, at least until being decommissioned in 1980 or some time arond there

You mean the M2 Brownings? I thought we’d phased out the .30 cal M1919 variants a very long time ago.

The Browning model to which you refer is the GP35, not the Colt M1911

Do some units still have LMGs?

The British Chieftain tank was used during WW2?

I think he means Centurions.

SAM, a (very) updated Cent is still in use in the SANDF, ie the Olifant. Bloody good panzer that !
It’s a shame that “da guv’munt” frittered away so much dosh and the Olifant 2b became a test bed for Armscor, else they’d have had probably the most modern MBT on the continent.

PzKpfw VI Tiger, the 1911A1 has remained in use by certain elements within the US forces to this day.

Not US but Brit Mil

Im talking of the good old Mess Tins - How long have they been inservice?

I got a set issued to me once with “1940 & War Office” stamped on the bottom

Ive just gone to check some of mine, still in the wrapper - 1952.

I did indeed mean centurion,
Without a turret something looking like a submarine conning tower off the top of it, I saw one on the beaches down near Poole - I think.

my country still has some old aircrafts from 1982

Bluff, did you mean something like this: http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=361&Overide=1

Mentioned in Another Place earlier today so I thought I’d post it here.

Lancaster, spitfire and hurricane. There is also a ship still in service that is 200 years old.

No 8 rifle

The 30 Browning’s were still in use at Brecon by the demo troops for enemy fire.

25 pdrs as saluting guns

18 pdrs king troop

The 5.5 howitzers were still in service at Larkhill as effects guns till the ammo ran out in mid 90 I think.

Last time I was in Boscome and Winterbourne Gunner the hunter was still in service.

Must not forget the Canberra.

The Wachbattalion of the Bundeswehr still uses 98k for rifle drill.
The MG42 soldiers on as the MG3 in 7,62 Nato.
The P38 (P1) is just currently being replaced as the Bundeswehr standard sidearm.

Jan

My Country i know still uses old weaponary from the First world War, which is quite pitifull.

Aye Cdo Jordovski, the 7.62 x 54R is the longest serving cartridge still in use. Still a pretty good round mind.

yeah mate not bad, put it will change sometime though.

Commando, please copy “Direct link to image” between the Img tags, otherwise we don’t see anything. :smiley:
If you want to use “Hot link for forums” please use the URL tags and not Img tags. :smiley: :smiley:
These tips works with imageshack.

Thank you Regards Dani~
My picture placing was working before but know the link just comes up…