One question about battalion organisation

I actually don’t know where to post this so i do it here !!! Does anybody know about Battalion S1 , S2 , S3 , S4 , S5 , S6 ??? Me and my guys want to play a game and we want to know .

Well, I know a lot about Battalion S7., but not about them you mentioned. Damm, I thought I could help you. Oh well.

well i actually would like any info you know !!!

I think he’s being sarcastic.He likes to do that sometimes.
I have no clue about S battallions.Is it axis or allied?

I guess it rather means the US denominations for the different sections of the unit’s staff. In the German Army this would be 1A for the First Staff Officer, 1C for intelligence/enemy activity and so on.

flamethrowerguy , thanks . i didnt write correct i guess . i didnt know nothing about the german army . i guess you having some info about this thing …

S1 (Adjutant) . The S1 has unit staff responsibility for personnel and administrative functions, to include–

o Maintenance of unit strength.

o Compiling personnel estimates and coordinating with the S3 on assigning replacements.

o Development of morale activities, to include religious activities, casualty reporting, decorations and awards, and recreational services.

In the field, the S1 normally acts as the assistant officer in charge (OIC) of the admin-log center in the combat trains.

(3) S2 (Intelligence Officer) . The S2 has staff responsibilities for integrating data collection from internal and external agencies. He is responsible for the intelligence preparation of the battlefield and the intelligence estimate. The S2, in coordination with the S3, is responsible for preparing and executing reconnaissance and surveillance plans, and ensures the commander receives pertinent combat information in a timely manner.

(4) S3 (Operations and Training Officer) . The S3 is the principal staff officer for the commander in matters concerning operations, plans, organization, and training. His duties require close coordination with other staff members. In addition to operational requirements, the S3 exercises staff supervision of the TOC. He is responsible for coordinating all aspects of maneuver with support (fires, electronic warfare, and obstacles) . He is responsible for all aspects of combat orders.

(5) S4 (Logistics Officer) . The battalion S4 has staff responsibility for logistics (supply, transport, and maintenance services) . He supervises all logistical elements in the battalion, both organic and nonorganic. He formulates logistical policy by planning, coordinating, and supervising. He is responsible for coordinating all aspects of paragraph 4 of the operation order. Normally, the S4 is in charge of the admin-log center in the combat trains and is responsible for the arrangement, security, movement, and support of the combat trains.

(6) S5 (Civil Affairs Officer) . Although not normally assigned to the battalion, there are times when the battalion will be augmented with an S5. He would have staff responsibility for all matters pertaining to the civilian impact on battalion operations. He is also responsible for those actions impacting on the relationships between the battalion and civil authorities and the people in the battalion area. He coordinates the civil military operations for the battalion and is an invaluable link to the assets of the host nation.

You’ll find the above and probably more than you want to know about US infantry battalion staff, organisation and functions at http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/accp/in0768/ch1.htm

More here http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/service_pubs/101_5.pdf

thans RS !!! really thanks !!!

its the supply units

You are making a habit of adding useless comments to threads.

If you had bothered to read and understand this thread before adding your useless and wrong comment you would have found that the question had already been answered fully and accurately.

Please refrain from commenting in any thread unless you have something useful to add.