Operation "Zaolzie"

Hello ww2 folk!
Now we know how the ww2 was started in Europe - first peacefull separations and annextions then bloody war!
the very first was Anschluss in march of 1938.Which was the next one? Chehoslovakia. It’s everybogy know, but what is forgotten- which powers did participate in the act of agression? Germany, Poland and Hungary.
The photo , i showed here i saw for the first time just last evening. The polish forces has execute an entiry military operation , called “Zaolzie”. The term Zaolzie means “lands beyond the Olza River”; it is also called Śląsk zaolziański, meaning “trans-Olza Silesia”. Equivalent terms in other languages include Zaolší (Zaolží) in Czech and Olsa-Gebiet in German.
30 september of 1938 the Warsaw send an ultimatyme to the Prague - they demands to witdraw the chech troops out of territories within 10 days. Chech govenment and president Benesh had no choses - they faced a strong pressure from the weastern allies (namely France and Britain) as well - to accept the all Hitlers demands .Hitler, however didn’t want to participate in new agression alone - the ministry of foreign affairs suggested an " iniciative" to Hungary and Poland. The both agree;) It was still bloodless territorial conflict. Some of photos here:

Polish panzers intering into the Teshin

polish cavalermen with german helmet. Brrrrr, looks almost like the SS.

The new polish poster on the reilvay station

poles are posing with deposed herbs over chech telegraf .
But most amazing , next down the page;)

Marshal Edward Rydz-Śmigły shakes the hand of Bogislav von Studnitz. 11 november of 1938.

The former chech-polish border post

the polish-hungarian fraternization near the new polish-hungarian border;)
I’ve heard and knew about occupation of Teshin area previously, but hewer seen such a photos. Who migh to guess in november 1938 that just after lesser the year the same fate is waiting for Poland?

Chevan, my friend :slight_smile:

I suggest you do some more serious reading about the topic, before you write about some historical events you have never heard of before.

You forgot to mention, that from the end of WW1 war the area was divided between Poland and Czechoslovakia. You also forgot to mention, that majority of population in the area was Polish. And again, you forgot to mention that the area was INVADED and TAKEN OVER by the Czechoslovakian army on January 23, 1919. Then the Czechoslovakian government took advantage of political situation in Europe, when Poland was dealing with Red Army invasion, and convinced the Western powers to support their idea for the Zaolzie area.
So technically, Poland took back what was previously taken from it.
Bad timing is another thing to discuss I’m afraid.

But anyway Chevan, I suggest some more detailed reading and maybe some brain vitamines to boost your memory :wink:

Hello mate Kovalski;) FInally you have found that thread. Looks like nobody except you and me is interested of the theme…

You forgot to mention, that from the end of WW1 war the area was divided between Poland and Czechoslovakia. You also forgot to mention, that majority of population in the area was Polish. And again, you forgot to mention that the area was INVADED and TAKEN OVER by the Czechoslovakian army on January 23, 1919. Then the Czechoslovakian government took advantage of political situation in Europe, when Poland was dealing with Red Army invasion, and convinced the Western powers to support their idea for the Zaolzie area.

No, no i have not forgot. I just didn’t know:) The problem is that this theme was almost unknown for the public and photos i’ve posted i have never seen before. I find it interesting. I something heard about teshin area and the clashes around it, but very few infor. It’s everything coz i want to harm you or troll you:) Noway. Anymore;) This theme is rather for the learning and studying the political traditions - how the external powers resolve the territorial question of their neighbors. And how such a policy may cause a war.

So technically, Poland took back what was previously taken from it.
Bad timing is another thing to discuss I’m afraid.

Yes , i/m planning (later in another thread) the serious talk to discuss the …separation of Ukraine and annextion of Crimea by Putin:) :wink: Is this that another thing you imply?:wink:

But anyway Chevan, I suggest some more detailed reading and maybe some brain vitamines to boost your memory :wink:

Yes sure, the vitamines is welcomed;)But i can’t found an enough realible sources ( the pseudo-nationalistic sources are not counted) so may i rely on yours? How about to expound the polish point on event?