Other wars section!

The only one in the other wars section that is … well steaming is the Falklands/Malvina’s conflict. Would anyone like to try and help out the other sections or head a new section. By head I mean spark more interest in that category. I would prefer to see the sections we have take off before adding more! Any takers?

I’d like to see more Americans giving their opinions on the Vietnam War. I find it strange that they dont, or is it a forgotten war in the US as it was seen as either a defeat or an episode in their history that they just want to forget?

Its not that Americans dont want to talk about IMO. The whole era is very complex. Take 1968 for instance have a look at the major events that year http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968 This was probably chaotic times for the US since the beginning of the Civil War. It was confusing for all generations of Americans. 68 was just one of many years during the Vietnam war era. So much was going on in the world then its hard for people to place everything together. The events from Eisenhower(toward the end) to Ford were a really dark age in US history that is not well understood in general. Its hard to focus on the Vietnam war without taking the global problems in to account.

The problem might be that the Vietnam war section is lost in 'Other wars"

Why not try it on the main index for a while under its own heading, so people see it on their first visit?

As much as I would like to see that section grow … you have to remember this is a ww2 site. Plus being behind the sences a bit usually help from morons logging on and post utter crap. Hence one of the few sections that has never had spam.