Over There

i know its not about WWII but its about war the new Fox Sierse Over there looks like a good war show and it starts this wendsday.

Whats it about?

it is about the war in iraq

to day is the day it comes on it is good so far

I am tivo’ing the whole season. 8)

Is it a documentary, or made up propagandist rot?

Sorry edited to add that Ive just realised its on Fox so it must be the latter I suppose.

Evil men with towels around their heads, eating babies, saved by proud bright intelligent Uber Heroes all dressed in white and yelling Whoo-ya every 5 minutes.

Then again, well maybe not eh.

Let me know how it goes as Im sure it wont be on UK TV for a while, if at all.

As an aside when I was in N America a few weeks back I saw a series called Empire (I think) advertised. Is this any good, looked diffrent.

its just like a regular t.v show its not a documentry

Ive watched the first two episodes and it looks like its fair to both sides so far. It has NOT shown the Iraq fighters in a bad light but who knows that could change. So for now…I give it 4 stars… :smiley:

the unfortunate thing about the show is that the actors are forgetable. and the battle scenes are low budjet with a lot of saving private ryan wannabie camerawork. there was one scene where us troops attack the iraq’s with a human wave assault in the desert and kill iraqis while they are running!

We now have a “MAS*H” esque Iraq War docu soap being filmed before the end of hostilties, Im cringing even now. :x Im sure itll be grand!

I should add. If anything this shows the American force in a bad light. which might not be a bad thing… :?

Im just surprised that the show will risk the venture, What happens if you guys loose Iraq and pull out (vietnam style - “technically not a loss”) The Producers are relying on the good will of the Marican people to support he show let alone the messages it might be putting across.

Fox showing Americans in a bad light? Nah, don’t believe you - the Dodgy Digger would slaughter any of his minions that dared to compromise his “special relationship” with the White House. :evil:

one of the down falls of being my age is my parents wont let me watch Over There any more because its rated tv MA man this sux

When i watch MA15 + or R18+ im always careful on what i feed into my brain otherwise that will stay with you for the rest of your life…

but War movies i generally forget so i love them :lol: :smiley: