P-51 Mustang Pics I just took

Didn’t really know where to put this so here it is. I was out in Hollister California today and saw this P-51 sitting by a hanger. I couldn’t stop right away. So, when I got back in about an hour it was getting ready to take off. I had never heard one in person before, boy did those Merlins sound sweet. And the power! I can see why it was one of the premier fighters of the day. How I envied that pilot who would soon be airborne in such a great machine. I was talking to someone who was there and he said that there were about 10 warbirds there that were owned by a bunch of rich guys. Also, he said for around $3000.00 you could ride in that P-51 I saw today.

She’s gorgeous.

is it not He?:slight_smile:

Beautiful plane, thanks for sharing the pictures!

Unfortuntely, I was not able to convince the wife that $3000 was such a paltry sum to ride in so magnificent a plane. I promised her that I would gladly go on half rations for a year to offset the cost of the ride but all to no avail. Had this dream come true then I surely would have had a more exciting report. Glad you liked the pics, it was a real treat to see and hear this plane.

No, planes are usually named after the ladies. You know they are both beautiful and deadly at the same time, right?

Sorry, hit the wrong quote button. My last post was for you, my friend in Russia. Planes are both beautiful and deadly, just like the ladies.

Si senorita Laconita;)
Nothin can be more deadly then the buatiful fighter. Except may be speedy and elegant AA-missle.As retared AA officer i feel something like jelausy to an any nice-looking aircraft.:slight_smile:

And Russia had some very good planes back then. The fierce Sturmovok or the Yak series. I am a U.S Air Force veteran. Avionics was my job as an elnlisted man. The F-4 fighter, B-52, C-103, Kc-135 are all the planes I worked on. Nice to meet you good sir. I live in Pennsylvania, USA.