Panther Restoration

Sry about taking so long on the picks but here are some links I think you will enjoy.

http://www.mishalov.net/military-vehicles/military-vehicles.html
http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com/archives.htm

Thanks for posting the link to my site. This link has some of my most current pics of the Panther: Littlefield Panther restoration pg.3.

You had some very nice photos, and with less people in them then mine heh. To those of you that have access the military channel had a special on this project.

Which as you can all tell is getting very close to completion.

Hi, I was stationed at Ferris Barracks , Erlangen Germany in the 70’s, and in our tank Park there was an old bunker entrance that was reported to be the entrance to a Wermacht underground motorpool. Its was flooded by the U.S. engineers because there were many abandoned vehicles(including tanks) and these were said to be mined by the Germans when they left. There are some people who are looking into this, and what may have become of this motorpool and equipment. I will post some pics when I dig up the files. this could be a source of some new equipment for restoration.

Sounds like buried treasure…I eagerly await.
Welcome.

Here is the pic of the old Wermacht motorpool entrance, its partially buried, so the opening and wood gate show only about 4 ft above ground. the entire entrance is about 10-12 ft. high including grass. The post was turned back to the German civil Gov’t in the mid 90’s, and from the image on Google earth, it looks like there is housing built over it. At this time, there is no information to indicate the bunker complex was cleared. Though this will be researched by the Erlangen historical archive. There have been several instances where construction crews working in these posts, have uncovered or broken through into such bunkers, sometimes exposing equipment left by the Wermacht when they abandoned these posts in the 40’s. I hope if the bunker is yet intact, that they will clear, and remove the things stored there. it would be a loss to history if it were left untouched.

wermacht motorpool entrance at Ferris.jpg

Sounds like fun.

great work artmiser, are you going to show all photos from start to finish inside and out, that would be so cool.

I think he shuold visit Croatia because there arer many tanks from WW2 waiting to be cutt in pieces maybe the CRO Army would let him take some for free

Was this the Panther that was dragged out some river in Russia?

Lost in 1945 when its crew attempted a frozen river crossing while evading aerial bombardment… and only pulled from the depths in the 90s?

Where is he getting his parts? Switzerland? Russia? I know a lot of stuff is coming out of the East and Near East now.

Yes its the same one, they were crossing a river and the ice broke, they chucked a satchel charge in it and after it blew sank into the river.

The parts he gets are from all over the world, he tries to find orignal parts if at all possible, and when not possible has the item fabricated to original specification. He ended up having to replace most of the turret and the steel used is the same type and thickness of the original.

very excite job . hope i can see it with my 2 eye . just dream for me.

this thread is closed … if you want it open let me know and I will put it back in the proper forum