Panther Restoration

Have more of this if anyone interested, from the littlefield collection in California. Its not an old photo but it is an old tank.

Sounds interesting, is it a restoration to operating condition?

Welcome!

yeah the Guy is a little tank crazy, every part of the tank will be retored to original specks, including everthing you cant see. Here is one of the turret, he had to remake most of it because when it was abondoned in Poland the crew threw a satchel charge into the tank. This part, most of the turret, ended up having to be replaced, and he had it remade to orginal thickness and metal type.

Example, The engine he got for it was found in germany buried in the ground, it appeared to have been pulled during a field repair. Only thing he is changing is the carberator, safety issue. Here is a finished one, you could send it back to the past and untill they relized the gun breach was demilled would not no the difference. Cept maybe its nice and new. And yes that is a russian/iraq missle launcher behind it.

And yes if I wasnt clear enough it will be fully operational sanz gun.

Here is the link to his website, problem is his inventory has not been updated in a long time.

http://www.milvehtechfound.com/

The end product looks awesome.
Did you manage to get the engine running.

It’ll look great if it’s done to the standard of the Stug in Photo!

Here are a few more of the Stug and the SdKfz 222. These are both considered “factory New”. He has different levels of Restoration based on a variety of things. The ones we care about are operational, and factory new.

Not sure if the engine is running at this time or not, but he will get it running of that I have no doubt.

And one quick one of his next project, a “Super Sherman”, and I believe its one of only 8 left in the world. And two others I think you will get a kick out of. The PZ IV he traded for from Israel, they got it from the Golan Heights. He has three large building of tanks he allows the public access to, just have to arrange a tour. Two buildings of other tanks/armored cars, and the main restoration facility.

And if anyone can find him a Tiger tank that he can buy, well, it would be worth there while.

Thanx for the pic’s and the feedback.
I think that it is awesome that your friend is restoring these vehicles and keeping them “alive”.
Please tell him that he is doing a fantastic job.
I hope that you will continue to keep us updated.

Regards

VonWeyer

Be happy to, I should be out that way again on the 12th of January, looking forward to seeing the progress on the Panther since June. I have about another Dozen of the Panther. If you want me to post em ill be happy to.

Tank Destroyer on the right was found in Bosnia.

That would be great.

Heres a few. The 2nd photo is one of the salvaged pieces of the orignal turret.

And a few more. The rest are most repeats from different angles. The last picture is of the cage where some of the crew sit to man the gun. the box with the long narrow opening in it is where the ejected shell casing is supposed to fall into after hitting the back plate.

The edited part on all photos is me cropping them to get them under the 1 mb limit.

It looks like very dedicated work.
Cheers.

Yeah it is, lucky for us that someone like him has the money and time to invest in it. The panther restoration alone is running 2million U.S… Heck the road wheel rubber was obtained by the same company in Gemany that made them in WW2.

So true. I did’nt think that this would come cheap, what he is doing.
That is amazing regarding the wheel rubber. Do you know the name of the company.

Don’t recall it off hand but if I will ask when I stop by on the 12th.

Art

Cheers Art.

Great photographs, thanks for posting them…

Ok going to take a few days hopefully not more then a week before I get more photos for you. Didnt check the camera settings so they are all to large. Edited one so I will not leave several of you hanging.

First is june of 2006, its posted here but thought side by side would be nice. The other is from January 2007. Panther is 85% done and probably about one year away from being driven out of the shop.