Panzerfaust or Panzershreck????

Theyre both anti tank infantry weapons,but theyre and look really different.
panzerfaust has only one use,and panzershreck so think that,and think panzerfaust is lighter.
what of them is better?.

Vote and Say your opinion about them.

I think the panzerfaust was easier to use and better all around.

Panzerfaust - easier to use.

The Panzershreck is the most powerful of them both so i will go with that… the Panzershreck is the better one of them i every aspects exept production and handling. The most powerfull panzershreck could penentrate 200mm of armor!!!
Both were very capable of taking out tanks but i see the “shreck” as a improvement from the other antitank weapons like the “faust”

really intelligent observaton nissedruva :slight_smile:

The Pfaust would most definitely be better if the Pfaust 150m or 250m came out in time to see some war action.
If I remember correctly, they were reloadable 10 times.

Cheap to make + Light + Easy to Use + 10x reload = Yay!

…but the Pfaust 100m seems to superior (and more popular) to the Pshreck since it was far more cheaper to build the panzerfaust and was quite lighter.

I prefer the Panzerschreck to the Panzerfaust because the Panzerschreck had more raw penetrating power then the Panzerfaust.

In this picture I see lots of Russian RPG-7 warheads and propellant cartridges, a fuze of an artillery round, several mortar bombs, one PIAT round and two Panzerfaust warheads.

Jan

BTW, I have an account of an Austrian refugee fighting with No 3 troop 10 Interallied Commando, attached to a regular British Army infantry unit, who said that in the Netherlands his unit got attacked by German tanks. They didn´t have any AT guns, but shortly before captured a whole dump of Panzerfausts. He said that, since he was the only soldier in his unit who spoke German, he had to translate the instructions on the tube to his comrades and to demonstrate the use of the weapons. They later made good use of them.

Jan

Panzerschreck because it tore through tanks and was obviously good enough for Germans to use after they saw its preformance in North Africa

Panzerschreck destroyd tank complitly .

Bothe were effective, they were also designed for diffrent situations.

The faust was designed to be issued to the individual infantry. the Schrek was a bazooka like weapon designed to engage armour at greater ranges.

Comparing the 2 is like comparing a grenade and a mortar.

PANZERSCHRECK

Yes, It is :lol:

i think a better comparison is to compair 4 panzerfausts with 4 rounds of panzershrek (1 panzershrek)

in most situations, i would give the men the 4 panzerfausts.

Well i think they are bouth same but panzerfaust have better accuracy,if i wrong corect me :wink:

Naw, I don’t think the panzerfaust used the same type of projectile as the panzershrek so tha Panzershreck is more powerful can accurate, only down side vs. Panzerfaust if reload time.

the panzerfaust had better armor penatration then the panzershrek.

both the panzershrek and us bazooka had a critical flaw: they needed 2 man teams and were heavy and obvious. many US bazooka teams were wiped out as they were getting into position because the weapon was easy to see.

the main advantage was that the panzershrek had double the range.

Panzerfaust shot from roof and goodbye tanks .

On page 1 Dani and Erwin have posted really sweet pictures of the panzerfausts and panzershreks :wink: :wink:

Well the Development began in 1942 on a larger version of the Faustpatrone. The resulting weapon was the Panzerfaust, a very simple weapon weighing only 5-10 kg.The body was a tube of low-grade steel, around a meter long and a 4-6 cm in diameter. Attached to the upper-side of the tube were a simple rear sight and trigger, if you ask me i reckon that’s pretty straight foward :lol:
The Panzerfaust often had warnings written in large red lettering on the upper rear end of the tube, the words usually being “Achtung! Feuerstrahl!” (Beware! Fire Jet!). This was to warn soldiers to avoid the backblast.
The weapon was often fired from the crook of the arm and the shaped charge could penetrate up to 17 cm of steel. After firing, the tube was discarded, making the Panzerfaust the first expendable anti-tank weapon.
Of course as the War raged on technology improved and more versions of it came out.

There were 5 versions of the panzerfaust made, they are the following,

Panzerfaust 30- first model brought out in 1943 which the 30 stood for 30 meters.
Panzerfaust 60- range of 60 meters, most common one used which was brought out in middle 1944.
Panzerfaust 100- range of 100 meters brought out late 1944.
Panzerfaust 150- range, you guessed it 150 meters but it was brought out 1945 at the end of the war so they didn’t really use it much.
Panzerfaust 250- range of 250 meters, the most finest anti tank weapon made though it came out days before hitler commited suicide.

The panzerfaust which is a one shot anti tank.
A related weapon is the Bazooka-like Panzerschreck, which could be reloaded though.
When German troops captured an American M9A1 “bazooka” in Africa, they noticed qualities that were lacking in the Panzerfaust and quickly sent it to engineers back in Germany for analysis.

POST THE DAMN SOURCE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust