Patton Museum

Anyone out there been to the General Patton Museum at Ft. Knox, Ky? I was in the area a few weeks ago and stopped in. I thought it was pretty good. Lots of armor of course, and some other good displays. I took a few pictures and have posted them here.

More Patton Museum photos. These are from a display of WW1 German soldiers in a foxhole attempting to fight off a tank. Note the grenade in the air. They really did a nice job here.

I have gone through it 4 or 5 times, and enjoyed it a lot. The first time was when I was at Ft Knox taking Basic Training, and the last time was about 10 years ago. Very neat displays, and some unique old armor vehicles.

I always enjoyed the museum, although in its present incarnation most of the collection is not on display. I was told by those working there that the tank museum would be relocated to Georgia next year, and only the Patton exhibits would remain.

On Memorial day and July 4th they have big re enactments and there are many running vehicles of several kinds. Some owned by the museum, many privately owned.
I don’t get re enacting personally, but it’s a free country.
The running vehicles are neat.

oh. i have never really been there! really looks great from the pics.

I have been there 4 or 5 times, but my last visit was about 20 years ago. That’s pretty bad because I only live a few hours away. Your thread has inspired me to visit at the next opportunity that I have.

There is (was) another “Patton” meseum located at Desert Center, Calif, where he once trained. It is not nearly as elaborate as the one at
Ft. Knox but still has some AFV’s on display.