PATTON

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800105199

PATTON is a three-dimensional bronze bust of World War II field general George S. Patton (George C. Scott) who wrote poetry, fired pistols at strafing fighter planes, and loved America with a lofty and historical zeal. Tracing his personal rivalries with such generals as Rommel and Montgomery, his problematic treatment of his own men, and his nearly runaway contempt for diplomacy, the film triumphs as an enduring portrait of a complex and larger-than-life figure. PATTON was recipient of 10 Academy Award Nominations and winner of eight, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor–Scott, Best (Adapted) Screenplay–Francis Ford Coppola/Edmund H. North.

what do you think of this movie?

One of my favorite movies! :smiley:

George C Scott gives a superb performance in this one, well worth watching it for this alone.

A fine film. Patton may have been as mad as a bag full of badgers but he was an inspirational leader.

The follow up film “The Last Days of Patton” is pretty good as well. Patton died as a result of a car crash in the period shortly after the war ended. The Last Days shows a number of flashbacks, including his time experimenting with armour at West Point.

One of my favorites too!

Great movie.
One thing I dont like in these old war movies Is the battle effects-especially the sound of bullets.

a great movie