perhaps code

Hello

I downloaded a music pack for silent hunter. It was to listen to in the in game gramaphone while I sink some unaware merchant vessels.  In some of the songs it mentions "hanging washing on the secret line." Is that code for something? Has anyone heard the phrase before?

I’m no expert on games, but it may unlock a hidden segment of the game, or some other type of Easter Egg. You just have to find out where & how to utilize it. you might email the company that released it, and just ask.

hi tankgeezer

its rather separate from the game. its music by a ww2 era band downloaded from a moddingcommunity. I would ask them but i dont think they would know. i think it is similar to the phrase "taking the piss." it comes from when they collected urine for the uria to make gunpowder. obviously it was an unpleasant job, hence its use today. "hanging the washing on the secret line" sounds too strange just to be hanging washing.

thanks for the quick reply though tankgeezer, wishit was a game cheat.

Love too the soundrtack of this game.From 3-rd part my favorite.

Are you sure it wasn’t “Hang out the washing on the siegfried line”?

If the sound files are a playable format outside of the game then you could try putting the mod link here someone might recognize the particular song.

Ah yes, that would be it lol. Lol must be my old ears hah. God listen to myself, I’m only 29. Thanks. I searched in the directory where I extracted the files and that was also the song name. Some of the other songs say it too. I know what the Siegfried line is too, lol.
Ooh now I’m embarrassed.

Can’t help you with the embarrassment but you might enjoy this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:194510_PS_CS_V.jpg