Photo Research at the National Archives

Hello!

I need a photo researcher at the National Archives. Does anyone have an affordable researcher at the moment? I found that mcmahanphoto conducts research at the archives for $300/day. They seem to be a credible and good source, but does anyone know if this is affordable?

Thanks!
Brit

I may be well off the beam here as you are looking at US national archives and my experience is limited to the Australian ones, but it looks like your link is a commercial site for selling photos rather than what we, in Australia, have as search agents for our national archives.

Maybe a bit more Googling could turn up a search agent like the ones we have, at a very much more modest fee?

Or maybe, like here, you could do just about all of it yourself at no cost once you get into the national archive database and work out how to search it?

There are some researchers who work in Nara daily over on the Wehrmact Awards Forum that can assist you. Hope this helps…

Thanks guys!!! Both are very helpful. I will keep you updated on what works out the best…

I might try out the NARA researchers. I see online here http://www.archives.gov/research/hire-help/ that there are a lot of them, though. If anyone here has ever used a particular group or person that was useful and affordable, please advise. Also, prices are not listed here making it really hard to choose someone. Thanks in advance for any help!