Photo retouching

A good example of retouching photos in the Third Reich: The original picture (below) derives from 1933. It was re-published in 1942 as a remembrance of the Nazis takeover of power. Ernst Röhm (murdered in 1934) and Rudolf Hess (declared insane by Hitler after his UK flight) were retouched.

Stalin was prone to doing this too, I dont have the photo but remember people kept being editted out of his photos as he popped them off!

Hi all,
Actually I think it is a different photo from the first but agree that it has been retouched.
If you look carefully you can see that the shadows created by their heads on the wall behind are on the right side in the first and on their left side in the second picture.
Also, look at the relationship between the various individuals and you will see there are differences in where ones collar meets anothers shoulder (guy behind ?Bormann and ?Himmler(second from right in first poicture)) or how much tie is hidden (Goebbles), etc.
I wouldn’t mind betting that there were a number of photographers present and numerous pictures taken. and the second photo may well be from the photographer who they are all (nearly) looking at in the first picture (but Rohm is touched out)!

You could be right about that, pbhawkin. If you look closely, they don’t seem to be facing 100% the same way, either

Sure those photos are different.
But the the first photo has been retouched .

The photos might not be identical but at least they were made during the same “session”.

A little propaganda bogus from the Polish Campaign in 1939:

German propaganda made up a lurid story: Stuka returning home safely after a mission with landing gear shot off!

h1.JPG

The original picture: Ju-87 of Legion Condor during the Spanish Civil War.
h2.jpg