Photographic Reconnaissance

My site www.airrecce.co.uk looks at equipment, units and the imagery behind photographic reconnaissance.

There is still a great deal of work to be done on it, But any comments good or bad are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Mick

The site looks good to me! Many interesting images, the Austrian airports I have been to recently, amazing to think 70 years ago they were covered with Luftwaffe aircraft, makes a difference to Austrian Arrows turbo-props!

I have bookmarked the site, I look forward to seeing it develop.

Regards, Jack

Very interesting to see a photo of the Lysander aircraft.

It’s amazing to discover the equipment and the units behind photographic reconnaissance, that is the key of military intelligence. I just found this site. I’ll keep an eye on it, in the future. Thanx.

Really interesting, go on. I liked especially the information and the photos about cameras and equipment.

Very interesting subject, often overlooked and neglected. RECCE pilots used a great verity of aircraft (some obscure) and were often in great danger for a lot reasons. I knew a man who flew RECCE P-38’s and B-25’s (maybe others - its been a long time and at the time I was young and didn’t know to ask good questions) in the pacific.
I’ve read that Australia used US P-43’s for Recon, their experience with this plane would be of interest to me.