Pictures of Swords

Hi everyone,

My great uncle passed away recently and we were helping to clean out his house. He served in India and China during WWII in the ATC as a captain.

While cleaning out his house, we found a few swords and daggers that I didn’t recognize. I was wondering if anyone recognizes these or can at least point me in the right direction about where I can find out more information about them? One of them said “India” on it and I think “1905.”

Thanks in advance!

The 3rd, 5th and 7th pics look like a bayonet from a Japanese Arisaka rifle

More like a Katana.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the quick reply. I am going to try to get some better pictures of them to hopefully allow a better identification.

The bayonets were pretty long. Dont think the Katana would have the rifle opening. Plus towards the end seem to be the release … hard to see thou.

The long blade looks very much like an Enfield bayonet whether used by England or the U.S. The tang stamp looks to bear the date 1907, and although its difficult to be sure, may also bear a U.S. beneath the date. Flyerhell, if you could post the date, and other marks on the blade it would help alot, even if just in text.

Thanks again guys! I am going to try to get some more, clearer pictures (I don’t live close to where these swords are and I had to have someone else, who apparently isn’t very good with digital cameras, take pictures of them) and post them on here soon.

Pictures 2, 4, & 6 are a souvenir meat carving set of knife and fork furnished with sandalwood. I still have one from my 1960’s Singapore days! I wouldn’t fancy taking one to the dining table, let alone into battle!!!

The other photos are indeed of a BRITISH ENFIELD 1907- SWORD BAYONET.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help. I was going to post more pictures but since it seems like all of these are identified, I don’t think I need to.

Thanks again!

You are very welcome.