Polish army

Hello out there! I’m looking for an interesting book on the activities of the Polish army before and during the Second World War. I am currently writing a book dedicated to my father, who was supposed to serve as a rotmistrz of a small cavalry company. He and several of his men died on September 4, 1939, during one of the cavalry charges made in the September campaign. I was eleven years old when my family received the news in the sitting room of our house in Krakow, Poland. Two months later, my mother and I were thrown out, and deported from the only home we ever knew.

If anyone has any books in mind, I would much appreciate it.

Hi Kregs

Here some books which I could recommend:

“Strzelcy Kaniowscy 1919-1939” - Witold Jarno - about 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st Infantry Regiments

“Wrzesniowe dni” - Tadeusz Pietrzak - Kaliskie Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Nauk, Kalisz - Turek 2005 - about the combat route of the 29th Infantry Regiment.

“Piechota Wojska Polskiego” 1918-1939 - Zdzisław Jagiełło, 2005, Bellona - about prewar Polish infantry

“Wojna kawalerii 1939-1945” - Janusz Piekałkiewicz, 2003, AWM - about cavalry

“Kształcenie oficerów zawodowych kawalerii Wojska Polskiego w latach 1919-1939” - Wójcik Teodor, 2008, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Wrocławskiego - something special for you :slight_smile:

Regards
woj

I would also like to read details about a war in which cavalry was used against tanks.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)