Political correctness? (splitted from Merry Christmas movie)

Igual para vos loco, y para todos los argentinos que estamos acá… felicidades a todos.

I wish you all a Merry christmas, from Argentina, to all the members.

Thanks Eagle, I’ll take the craziness as given ! :lol:

I’d also like to take this opportunity to return to all those members who sent me their Yuletide regards via PM, my best wishes and the hope of a better New Year.

Im waiting for a pm, cuts :wink:

Wikipedia defines politically correctness as a way to “eliminate social and political biases in language and other forms of representation”

Wikipedia is of course wrong.

What is political correctness then?

Political correctness is actually an Ideology, used mainly by Internet bloggers, students, members of political parties, politicians, me, you, your mother, your father, your grandparents, teachers, the police force, the army, and anyone else you may meet in your day to day affairs.

Basically, political correctness is a belief that you are right. You are politically correct and everything you think is the truth. This means that politically correct people (ie: everyone with an opinion) go around telling everyone what they think and how what they do is wrong and that what they themselves think is the truth.

Political correctedness was thought to have been invented by guilty feeling white people who have never really met any people of color. It was actually invented by Eddie Murphy during one of his stand up acts during the 80’s. Today political correctedness is one of the few aspects shared by extremists on both ends of the “political” spectrum; sissy assed liberals who don’t want to offend part of their constituency, and racist conservatives who are afraid of being exposed for what they are on some channel other than fox news.

I’m an Atheist and I find it silly that it’s wrong to say Merry Christmas. My entire family is Atheist and we joke about politicial correctness by saying, “Happy non-denominational winter gift exchanging event”. I’ve got a book called Politically Correct Holiday Stories that is hillarious, I’ll post some of them later.

That is so right!,you are an atheist but you respect a lot us,thankyou.

also i don’t think that a celebration which consists in gifts,sharing,love,catholicism and being happy can make somebody sad.

Im agnostic. The Christmas festival was adopted by Chritianity to suit its needs. I dont have a problem with this as Christmas Trees, giving gifts and a whole lot of other things got carried on from pre-Christianity. Some of the things we do in Scotland are thousands of years old and its good that these old traditions still live on, even under Christian times.

Yeah, Christmas was adopted by the Christians, from the Pagans, because Christianity wanted to change the meaning of it, in truth, no one knows when jesus was born.

My uncle said that in reality Jesus was born somewhere in April. But because the Pagans celebrated the Winter Solstice, it would not rob the Pagans of their winter event.

What a f%#@ed up world it is when the majority is afraid to say just about anything for fear that they just might offend someone who belongs to some miniscule minority. It’s just sick and will certainly be instrumental in our undoing. :x

In this day and age there are two types of Christmas, there is the “Jesus was born!” type of Christmas. These people normally go to church and celebrate the “Christ mass” on Christmas eve/day.

There is also the non-religious side that most people celebrate. This is celebrated by most people religious or not, it consists of giving, sharing, showing your love to you loved ones and just being happy. Almost everyone not matter what religion will say merry Christmas or eat mince pie in the festive sprit.

I know a couple of Islamic people and I received Christmas cards from them. I think in this day and age Christmas is celebrated by most people and is just a time to have fun for none Christian people, for Christian people it is also a time to have fun but also to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Sod anyone who is offended and can’t tolerate somebody saying merry Christmas!

If somebody says Happy Ramadan to me I am not offened I just say Happy Ramadan back to them and make that person feel good even though I don’t celebrate it.